How About A Sosua Get-Together?

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
I'm going to be in Sousa/Cabarete next week. I'd love to have a little get-together to be able to meet some fellow DR1'rs. I'll be in Sosua on the night of the 16th and will be in the area for a week.

How about one of the DR1'rs in the Sosua area try to arrange a get-together?? First round is on me!!!!!!

MotorCity Mike

Famebk

Mar 29, 2004
Me too!

Hey MotorCityMike. Me and one of my close homies will be in DR from Friday May 21st up until Tuesday May 25th. Most likely staying at the Viva Tangerine in Cabarete. Where will you be staying? Im all for a drink,lol.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
5 Days And Counting

Escott said:
I normally put these things together for folks visiting the Sosua area but I will be in NY during your stay. Go to Rockys and you will meet a bunch of the DR1 posters.

Scott

Scott,

Enjoy your trip to NY!!! Too bad you're not going to be in Sosua, I definately wanted to chat with you!

Mike

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
name a day

MCM,

How about naming a day in this thread for dinner/drinks at Rocky's? The food's great and reasonable.

I'll mention to others I see over the next week or so.

dw

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
MotorCity Mike said:
Scott,

Enjoy your trip to NY!!! Too bad you're not going to be in Sosua, I definately wanted to chat with you!

Mike
Thanks Mike, I am not actually looking forward to the trip. My wife shoehorned me into staying for a month so I can travel with my daughter on her return next month. I will find myself counting the days as I did when I was coming to the DR once a month. My last two times back totaled only 14 days and I don't know how I am going to get through this 30 days.

Enjoy your trip to paradise. Hook up with Dawn in Sosua. She is a hoot!

Scott

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Meet At Rocky's

dawnwil said:
MCM,

How about naming a day in this thread for dinner/drinks at Rocky's? The food's great and reasonable.

I'll mention to others I see over the next week or so.

dw

Rocky's it is!!! Friday the 21st.....about 8:00 PM

The countdown continues!!!!!

Mike

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Lets Make This A Party

C'mon folks!!!! Let's make this a party!!!!

Who's gonna show up??????

Let's start a name list of people planning to show up!!!!

MotorCity Mike

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Hey MCM,

Do we need a new thread under General? Living? Titled: Sosua DR1 Party-- May 21st.

I'll throw in-- ok, pour in-- some of my 'famous' Barbados Rum Punches... on me.

Also, I haven't been following threads closely of late... anyone you've been chatting with you'd particularly like to meet? If they happen to live close at hand, maybe we can coax, bribe, otherwise GET THEM HERE.

PS Tired Boy, sorry you're going to miss out!

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
New Thread

dawnwil said:
Hey MCM,

Do we need a new thread under General? Living? Titled: Sosua DR1 Party-- May 21st.

I'll throw in-- ok, pour in-- some of my 'famous' Barbados Rum Punches... on me.

Also, I haven't been following threads closely of late... anyone you've been chatting with you'd particularly like to meet? If they happen to live close at hand, maybe we can coax, bribe, otherwise GET THEM HERE.

PS Tired Boy, sorry you're going to miss out!

Hi Dawn,

Maybe Robert could move this thread to a better-suited one!!

Your Barbados Rum Punch sounds good......Sex on the Beach sounds good too....Oh...you were only talking about drinks :)

I was hoping to meet the regulars that live in the Sosua/Cabarete area. The more the merrier.......any of the folks from Santiago, Santo Domingo too!!!!!

Tired Boy.....too bad you won't be able to make it. I'll be sure to drink one of Dawn's Rum Punches for you.

MotorCity Mike

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
MotorCity Mike said:
C'mon folks!!!! Let's make this a party!!!!

Who's gonna show up??????

Let's start a name list of people planning to show up!!!!

MotorCity Mike

MCM,
We will also be arriving late afternoon on the 21st! We are staying at the Coral Marien in Costa Dorado if anyone else is going from the Puerto Plata area. It may be cutting it kind of close to try and make it to Sosua shortly after arriving, but we WILL try!!
John

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Hope to see you there

johnsr said:
MCM,
We will also be arriving late afternoon on the 21st! We are staying at the Coral Marien in Costa Dorado if anyone else is going from the Puerto Plata area. It may be cutting it kind of close to try and make it to Sosua shortly after arriving, but we WILL try!!
John

Hey John,

Hope to see you there! I'm sure I'll be there for a while.....as long as they have cold Presidente

MCM

boss170

Feb 26, 2004
Wish I was there!

You guys are driving me nuts with this get together. How I wish I could be there enjoying a cold one with friends. Unfortunatly I won't be able to go back to D.R. before mid-june. Have a great time...wish I was there... : :cool:

canuck

Mar 8, 2004
I'm going to be in the area

Is it safe to bring the wife? lol Me and the Mrs will be in that area for a couple of weeks. I 'll be sure to stop in to Rocky's Bar and say hi.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Mike - GlowWorm (my hubby) and I will be there.

Will be good to meet some new friends that I've not seen at other reunions!

Canuck - I can already see I need to straighten you out. "bring the wife"? what kind of statement is that? :ermm:

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Here's the List

So Far..........

JanH
GlowWorm
canuck (and wife?)
johnsr
dawnwil
Ladybird
MotorCity Mike
Marco (I'm assuming)