Santiago to sosua

2Good

May 8, 2004
Greetings All,
I have checked and can't find info that I need to get from Santiago airport to Sosua. About how much for cab from Santiago airport to Sosua(can't get flight to POP), moderate priced hotel in Sosua for the night before I go to Santo Domingo. Thanks

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Caribe Tours

would be your best bet. Take a cab fron the airport to the bus station, and take the bus to Sosua. the bus runs evry hour so you shouldn't have a problem. It's also very cheap. I paid $200 pesos frm Sosua to Santo Domingo. Sorry, can't offer any info on hotels, since I've only stayed in Casa Linda when I've been there.

Minni

2Good

May 8, 2004
Thanks, that gets me in the right direction. I have travelled to Santo Domingo a few times. However, the unavailabilty of award seats gives me the opportunity to see other parts of the island.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wrong direction..

2Good said:
Thanks, that gets me in the right direction. I have travelled to Santo Domingo a few times. However, the unavailabilty of award seats gives me the opportunity to see other parts of the island.

May I suggest that you go directly to Santo Domingo as it is almost as quick to get there than to come up to Sosua. It would probably take an hour and fifteen minutes to get to Sosua whereas it may only take 1 1/2 hours to get to Santo Domingo on the super highway.
Factor in your savings on the hotel and the day you would lose travelling, and I think that it works out to be a better deal for you.
Marco.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As usual, I concur with Marco

Unless you just 'have' to get to Sosua, your best bet is to taxi to Santiago--ask for "Rafaelito--unidad #1" the cost is currently RD$350 into the city.($8.00). You go to Metro or Caribe Tours-(same street about 200 yards apart)
and catch one of the buses to Santo Domingo. An hour and a half or two hours and you are in the middle of Santo Domingo. And Marco is right, since the same thing to Sosua is nearly two hours too, with the stop-overs at las Colinas and Puerto Plata.

And, there are more buses to Santo Domingo than to Sosua. Marco, not all buses go to Rome!!!

If you plane gets in really late, you can go to the Hotel Colonial for a good night's rest and take the first bus in the morning to Santo Domingo-It would cost you an extra $12-$15 for the room and about $2.00 in taxi fare.

Now you know...

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Time of arrival?

If your plane is getting in at a reasonable hour, you could take a cab to La Vega to the Caribe bus depot and bus it to Santo Domingo from there and avoid any backtracking whatsoever.