Are the Parks Bermudez and Ramirez under threat?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I was just wondering if the parks that protect the Cordillera Central are also in the package of Hippo's final corrupt attack on the DR, even the natural flora and fauna doesn't leave the grip of this punch.

The reason I'm asking is to wether begin to laugh at this bald idiot's mistake or to simply take an active part at bringing recognition of this brutal blow to the DR protected areas to many international environmental agencies. Hippo will hear from my efforts via this way. If those parks are under threat (along with Jaragua and Este) then it's a happy/sad deal. It would make me happy because that would cause a dry up of rivers and further decrease the range of precipitation, which will create havoc in Hippo's tobacco farms and cashcows in the Cibao. The sad part, is that everybody else is also affected.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Yep, the park was not spared, see today's news. The country needs all the international press it can to report on the assault on the parks. If among the people you contact there is any interest, we could put together a file of all the stories that have appeared on the topic recently in DR1.

They can contact directly:

Lisette Gil. Director Asoc. Bayahibe-La Romana. 809 881-4010. romanabayahibe@codetel.net.do
Ivonne Arias. spokesperson for Jaragua Park in the West. 809 855-3888
Elena Brineman at USAID. 809 221-1100
Rosa Lamela. Consorcio Ambiental Dominicano. 809 532-5857

or The Nature Conservancy through pandujar@tnc.org

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Dolores said:
Yep, the park was not spared, see today's news. The country needs all the international press it can to report on the assault on the parks.

It's getting some international coverage here, I see.

Chiri