hi all
i have just booked a honeymoon for august to hotel ventana

all i have heard since is this is the worst time to visit for the weather

is this true??

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There is no such thing as a bad time to visit. The weather in the Caribbean is usually good all year round, with times when there are scattered showers, and very rare times when there are scattered thunderstorms that may be short. Running into a string of rain days is possible, but the chances for this not to happen are on your side in the Caribbean. August... well, it's a hot month, but hot is not as hot in the Caribbean as it may be in Florida, New York or Europe. And Puerto Plata always has the breezes blowing in from the north.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
No

bakerlad1983 said:
hi all
i have just booked a honeymoon for august to hotel ventana

all i have heard since is this is the worst time to visit for the weather

is this true??

It's not true. Ask your sources where they got their meteorological degrees, and what kind of equipment they are using in their home weather stations to forecast these trends, and then ignore them.

The worst thing that can happen with 1/100,000 odds especially on the north coast is a hurricane (I am assuming the North since you didn't say which of 5 major cities you could be in) and if that happens think what an interesting honeymoon story that will be! Or an earthquake and that' s not really weather.

There is no worst time. I can't recall a vacation ruined due to constant bad weather in the last 6 years and that's based on being there 5-7 times a year , and almost every month at one time or another.

bakerlad1983

May 14, 2004
its playa dorada that i will be at.

i am looking forward to it alot

my girlfriend wants to swim with the dolphins aswell, does anyon know how much this roughly costs??

carribean_mom

Apr 20, 2004
Dolphin Swim

bakerlad1983 said:
its playa dorada that i will be at.

i am looking forward to it alot

my girlfriend wants to swim with the dolphins aswell, does anyon know how much this roughly costs??

To swim with the Dolphins is $145.00 US.
You can go to Ocean World web site.
My kids had a blast.
Have a great time :glasses: