Finally some international coverage

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
I must say that i have been very concerned about zero international coverage of the election. where there are shadows there will be fraud. when i saw the article in today's HOY about possible fraud at JCE, I sent the article to Reuters and an hour later see this on their website: www.reuters.com. don't know if coicidence, but at least it's something. also an article in The Economist this week.

Copyrighted. Removed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Where is it?

Jasper said:
I must say that i have been very concerned about zero international coverage of the election. where there are shadows there will be fraud. when i saw the article in today's HOY about possible fraud at JCE, I sent the article to Reuters and an hour later see this on their website: www.reuters.com. don't know if coicidence, but at least it's something. also an article in The Economist this week.

Copyrighted. Removed!

I searched, but couldn't find the article.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
go to link, then go to international on top lefthand corner if i remember correctly.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Been there..

Jasper said:
go to link, then go to international on top lefthand corner if i remember correctly.
Went to international, went to politics, did a search for DR and found a couple of articles, but not the one you mentioned about the JCE and fraud.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
PPH got caught big time!

In the press conference yesterday the PLD (Fernandez) revealed the names of the people involved and even the hotel and room numbers they stayed in.

A couple of Mexicans etc brought in to splice sounds bytes of Fernandez into a fake phone recording.

The PPH did a very bad job of trying to discredit Fernandez and ended up looking like complete idiots by trying to fake his voice. Of course they will say it is him, what else can they say.

I'm sure nothing will come of it, but it shows how desperate and how far they will go to win.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I've heard from several PRD (PPH) sympathizers that Hippo will pull a stunt (coup) to stay in power and that they in particular will not vote. Now, that dosent make sense. Also, I've noticed that there's almost a lynch mob frenzy to oust Hippo by voting for Lionel. It dosen't make sense either. However, I'm putting my money (pesos, of course) for a Lionel win on the first round.

Mirador

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
BBC Coverage

bbc has a reporter in santo domingo. if you have access to bbc tv, she comes on every other hour or so to give an update. coverage started last night. presumably on bbc radio as well.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
there's a decent article in today's washington post. you have to sign up though (free). go to intl, then americas if i remember correctly. agence presse (afp.com) also has a reporter there. french/english site.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
forgot to mention that ny times doesn't seem to have anything. maybe in their print edition. go figure, amazing if they don't have a reporter there. 1/2 million dominicans in greater ny area.

EthanA

May 16, 2004
How are the polls doing in MIAMI??

ERICKXSON said:
The most talk about election so far in Spanish TV here in Miami i guess every LATINO hates Hipolito lol!

How are the polls doing in MIAMI?? WHo is winning and Who is Losing??

erichner

May 16, 2004
Miami is 75% PLD

:rambo: segun alguien allegado a la familia de Deyanira, en Florida el PLD se fue arriba con alrededor de 75%, y en los conteos preliminares en el pais PLD tenia como 65% de los contados en algunas mesas. Pero ninguno de esos numeros son oficiales

EthanA

May 16, 2004
De Donde estas sacando esta informacion??

erichner said:
:rambo: segun alguien allegado a la familia de Deyanira, en Florida el PLD se fue arriba con alrededor de 75%, y en los conteos preliminares en el pais PLD tenia como 65% de los contados en algunas mesas. Pero ninguno de esos numeros son oficiales

De que' pagina estas sacando esta informacion??

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
IN FLORIDA THE ***PLD*** IS THE WINNER BY A LANDSLIDE...
IN THE US, CANADA AND SPAIN ***QUE PELA***

However we still need to wait for the final count in the Dominican Republic.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Formosano2000 said:
Finally something from this leading US media:

" "Leonel Fern?ndez will win, because Hip?lito has done nothing for this country," said Juan Zapata, a security guard at a polling place in a working-class neighborhood in Santo Domingo, the capital."

For full article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/17/international/americas/17domi.html

" Dominicans Cast Ballots in Presidential Vote
By GINGER THOMPSON

Published: May 17, 2004

MEXICO CITY, May 16 - Mired in their worst economic crisis in recent history, voters in the Dominican Republic came out in large numbers on Sunday to cast ballots for a new president. Numerous polls indicated they would bring back former President Leonel Fern?ndez."

Mexico city? Good going NYT!