Lastest News

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just did a quick scan of the online news sources and...

Looks like the voting stations have been busy.
Turnout appears good and here in Santo Domingo the weather is also nice right now so I'm sure that helps.

3 people dead and few injured in Barahona at one of the voting stations.
It appears that a group of PRD people turned up and tried to jump the line.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Robert said:
Just did a quick scan of the online news sources and...

Looks like the voting stations have been busy.
Turnout appears good and here in Santo Domingo the weather is also nice right now so I'm sure that helps.

3 people dead and few injured in Barahona at one of the voting stations.
It appears that a group of PRD people turned up and tried to jump the line.

Does that mean 3 LESS votes for Hippo???? PRD/PPH don't have PEOPLE, they have ignorant THUGS that think they own the country!!! - Grahame

(Thanks for the update service - I for one will be tuned in regularly!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
BushBaby said:
Does that mean 3 LESS votes for Hippo???? PRD/PPH don't have PEOPLE, they have ignorant THUGS that think they own the country!!! - Grahame

(Thanks for the update service - I for one will be tuned in regularly!!

2 less.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Preliminary Results from Spain

PLD party won with 64% of the votes. Don't know how many votes the other candidates got. Stay Tuned for more info.

Regards.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ya right

GRS said:
PLD party won with 64% of the votes. Don't know how many votes the other candidates got. Stay Tuned for more info.

Regards.

Sure thing, don't we wish!

Domwolf

Mar 22, 2004
i need to see that "real-chisme" :)

Where did you get that rumor that PLD has won in spain, i would like to see that info, so i can get the keg ready to party.......LOL :)....... We are waiting like crazy......:)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well what's going on? What's the word on the street? The polls are now closed right? 10 mins ago. yeah right Anna.

Any guesses? I can't stand waiting.

erichner

May 16, 2004
new info from Spain in cafebambu.com

De cafebambu.com

Cae en Espa?a el primer basti?n de El Guapo de Gurabo

Los dominicanos en Espa?a le dan una pela al TTH

LNTD.- Madrid, Barcelona.- En las primeras elecciones realizadas fuera del pa?s dominicano los votantes de esa isla se dieron cita tanto en Madrid como en Barcelona. Los informes extraoficiales indican que el candidato preferido de los dominicanos es Leonel Fern?ndez quien sac? un 78% de la votaci?n en las dos ciudades principales de la Madre Patria. Le sigui? Hip?lito Mej?a con un porcentaje de 16 y Eduardo Estrella con un 5%. Repetimos, cae el primer basti?n de El Guapo de Gurabo. Dominicanos en Espa?a le dan una pela y comienza ya a perfilarse que rumbo tomar?n las alecciones fuera del pa?s. En estos momentos se est?n contando los votos en la ciudad de Miami, Orlando y Tampa. Los informes extraoficiales indican que el PLD barri? en las tres ciudades de la Florida. Para eso de las 9:30 de la noche LNTD les dar? los resultados finales.

Domwolf

Mar 22, 2004
Thanks

:0 lets get this party going LOL i'm sorry if i'm ofending anyone here, but i'm so happy......please forgive my emotiones.......LOL

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
According to Univision, another person has died in San Pedro de Macoris in relation to the elections.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The crucial moment of the election is the physical transporting of the official certificates from the voting stations to the municipal boards and then to the Central Electoral Board, the JCE.

Monsignor Agripino Nunez, with the ambassador of Spain, the ambassador of Canada, and Santiago Murray, the OAS ambassador in charge of the electoral mission, among others appeared on the Voz de la JCE, the official broadcast of the electoral court, at 10 pm to express his concern. He said on TV that the Administrative Chamber of the JCE had taken and should take all necessary measures so that the electoral police protect the process that is that the voting certificate and the actual box with the votes needs to make it to the municipal board where the results are then sent to the JCE.

?The maximum authorities need to respect the example the Dominican people have given, and the words of the President that he who won, won,? said Monsignor. ?All that are followers, should remember that in 1978, the government of that time tried to not heed the vote of the people, and thus we issue this preventive alert,? said Monsignor, who heads the electoral follow up committee.

?This country has upheld democracy and nobody is going to change it from that road,? said Monsignor on the TV statement. He said he spoke in the name of the Dominican people, and of the ambassadors, to call for a stop to those who want to put a stain on Dominican democracy. ?Those that have perverse ideas, in the name of God and the Virgen de la Altagacia,?respect the will expressed by the Dominican people in the polls,? said Monsignor. He called out with a prayer that God may illuminate all until the results reach the JCE.

sadex76

May 16, 2004
Hipolito Mejia has been very very good to the military forces in the Dominican Republic to the extent that those forces have broken the tradition to not enter into political matters by openly supporting his presidency.

In other words all those generals are bought and paid for. Unfortunately, the JCE police are nothing but reassigned military personnel who at the end of the day do what their commanders tell them and these are the men that protect the voting urns and certificates between the voting place and regional JCE headquarters. Very worrisome that there seem to be delays in transportation, perhaps enough to switch boxes. I believe there was a scandal a few months ago that the JCE had ordered printing of hundreds of thousands of ballots beyond the 100% voting capacity of the country.

Dolores said:
The crucial moment of the election is the physical transporting of the official certificates from the voting stations to the municipal boards and then to the Central Electoral Board, the JCE.

Monsignor Agripino Nunez, with the ambassador of Spain, the ambassador of Canada, and Santiago Murray, the OAS ambassador in charge of the electoral mission, among others appeared on the Voz de la JCE, the official broadcast of the electoral court, at 10 pm to express his concern. He said on TV that the Administrative Chamber of the JCE had taken and should take all necessary measures so that the electoral police protect the process that is that the voting certificate and the actual box with the votes needs to make it to the municipal board where the results are then sent to the JCE.

?The maximum authorities need to respect the example the Dominican people have given, and the words of the President that he who won, won,? said Monsignor. ?All that are followers, should remember that in 1978, the government of that time tried to not heed the vote of the people, and thus we issue this preventive alert,? said Monsignor, who heads the electoral follow up committee.

?This country has upheld democracy and nobody is going to change it from that road,? said Monsignor on the TV statement. He said he spoke in the name of the Dominican people, and of the ambassadors, to call for a stop to those who want to put a stain on Dominican democracy. ?Those that have perverse ideas, in the name of God and the Virgen de la Altagacia,?respect the will expressed by the Dominican people in the polls,? said Monsignor. He called out with a prayer that God may illuminate all until the results reach the JCE.