It was quick and painless...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I was also impressed by the large turnout, especially woman, who seemed to outnumber men three to one. This doesent bode well for Hippo.

Mirador

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I think lots of people went real early to vote to stay clear of the rains that had been forecast. It's been a great day, with only a short light shower of about 10 minutes in Santo Domingo. Went at around 12 noon to Club Paraiso and place had lines, but voted in 1 minute and husband took about half an hour. It is a social event as people greet friends they had not seen for some time. Everything was in order at that station. Some reports that the ink (that I was told contains iodine) caused some allergies. Toured some parts of the city (Naco and Los Prados) and had a friend who walked all the way down to the Malecon (Melia Santo Domingo hotel) and came back. All is calm and by this afternoon businesses that are usually open on holidays should reopen and the city should become bubbly as people wait for the outcome tonight.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
There was some news from Barahona...

Anyone hear the lastest? Alicia Ortega mentioned there were three shooting deaths. The reporter who called in a phone report wasn't intelligible but Alicia repeated the report and said further details would be given as they emerged. I haven't watched any TV since the first report about 10 a.m.

Dolores said:
I think lots of people went real early to vote to stay clear of the rains that had been forecast. It's been a great day, with only a short light shower of about 10 minutes in Santo Domingo. Went at around 12 noon to Club Paraiso and place had lines, but voted in 1 minute and husband took about half an hour. It is a social event as people greet friends they had not seen for some time. Everything was in order at that station. Some reports that the ink (that I was told contains iodine) caused some allergies. Toured some parts of the city (Naco and Los Prados) and had a friend who walked all the way down to the Malecon (Melia Santo Domingo hotel) and came back. All is calm and by this afternoon businesses that are usually open on holidays should reopen and the city should become bubbly as people wait for the outcome tonight.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Sailed through like a breeze..........

Having seen the enormous voter line-ups on TV, I decided to have my lunch first before heading out. (Turned out most places were closed in Santo Domingo, even restaurants that never seem to close) I figure I'd need some stamani and diversion so I packed a few magazines and a mini-FM radio, ready to stand in line for hours.

I couldn't have been more wrong. By the time I arrived at Colegio San Juan Bautista (right behind Bella Vista Mall) at 3pm, the electoral staff outnumbered voters. I located my "mesa", voted and left within 2 minutes.

I still have my inky right index finger that smells really weird, not to mention its dark purple-ish color makes it look like I had jammed my finger by car door.

As a naturalized DR citizen (since 1999), this is the very first time I exercised my voting rights. (I was in London on business during May/2000). Voting out His Baldness is the least I can do for a country I now call home.

Let's wait for the grand results !

EthanA

May 16, 2004
Hipolito2004

If Hipolito wins!! I see a CIVIL war happeing the country doesn't want him anymore...AND according to him if he does loose he is not leaving...Well people lets get ready for a Civil War in DR like there was in Haitii... HE NEEDS TO LEAVE>>>