A good sound thrashing.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Considering the amount of people on Hipolito's payroll and all the purchased votes, the initial results that show Leonel as having over 50% of the vote, is nothing less than a resounding win.
Thank God for the Dominicans who woke up and refused to let their country be destroyed by another 4 years of Hipolito's mismanagement.
There may be hard times to come yet, to clean up the mess that the PRD left behind, but it pales in comparison to the prospect of seeing our Caribbean paradise go bankrupt.
Bravo, DR1 for making this forum available to us, so that we can all sleep tonight in peace.

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
whoohoo!!!!
just jumped out the bed and read the good news!!!!

I'm happy for DR people
Bottoms up! :classic:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I am in a bit of shock. I knew change was right for the country after all anyone did but the fact that the people of the DR actually gave a crap and voted the guy out despite all the rum and beer he gave away blows me away.

Congrats to all Dominicans. Perhaps you will be taking your destiny in your own hands after all.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Yes, BRAVO!

Amen to all that Marco!

I'm dancing in the streets whenever the deliriously happy purples drive-by. This is one day those blasted booming stereos are making me smile.

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
Congratulations

Wish we could've been there Sunday night on the streets to see what real joy looks like. Since we were there for the Serie, been telling folks here in the States that if the election were even slightly honest, Leonel would roll...and roll, he did. Felicidades to him, and to the Dominican people.

Of course, the hard part comes now, restoring a shattered economy, and he'll need to work fast. But from this distance, it looks as if he has more than enough popular support to buy him a little time to turn things around.

Best wishes to all.

The Baseball Posse,
g.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm so happy for all Dominicans and the DR. When talking to people on the street about it last November it sounded like he was on his way out. They were saying " He betrayed us" ( the poor ).

So congrats and hopefully it won't take too long to straighten out the mess.

Apr 26, 2002
Just what kind of a "thrashing" was it?

() Santo Domingo and Districto Nacional voted MORE than 2 to 1 for Leonel over Hippo.

() Santiago and La Vega were almost 2 to 1 for Leonel.

() Both Hippo's home town (Guarubo) and home province (Santiago) went for Leonel.

() Both Fello's home town (Barahona) and home province (Barahona) went for Leonel.

() San Jose de Ocoa, a rump province created by the PRD just to serve their needs, went for Leonel.

() Even that hell-hole Villa Altagracia voted for Leonel.

For Hippo to have won, the fraud would have had to have been so absurdly blatant that even Balaguer would have blushed!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If it is true that the only places they won were Duverge and Elias Pi?a, it was a total pela. To say these areas are very sparsely populated is an understatement.

Chiri