Lots of purple in the streets!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just did a quick drive round some parts of the city and it appears almost every car has a flag or something PLD related showing.

What was funny was seeing cars go past the PRD headquarters and making lots of noise!

Also, Lincoln Ave is a mess, avoid it if your traveling, lots of people still partying.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Fabulous. :bunny: I am very happy that Hipolito has been defeated for reelection. Although, I do think it will take Leonel half his term to begin to right the ship again. Three cheers for Leonel. I will uncork a bottle of champagne when I return again in about 3 weeks!! Viva Leonel! Out with old Hippo.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
We had YET ANOTHER caravan here in Manzanillo this afternoon at 1:00 PM.
After all the ones we had last night, I thought the people would be sleeping!!!
Never haveI seen so many HAPPY people celebrating!!

Texas Bill

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
E pa fuera que van

Was the national anthem at Sunday's parade at the Malecon. I was sitting in the best seat of the house at Las Cenizas' beer place, exactly the same place where the "shake the cars", a new mode of "wave" at the ballpark took place. The shake is actually where a bunch of guys wait for a car to drive by and when it stops they shake it from side to side and when it is almost ready to tip, they stop shaking. Of course, they ask permission from the driver before this is done. A few times the shake was done without permission and it almost started a couple of fights. There was a time when guns were pulled out, but nothing happened, except a "corre, corre".

Overall, it was a peaceful march with lots of fun, rum and presidentes. There were many PRSC Reformista flags, but hardly anyone from the PRD dared show up, specially showing any flags. They would have been lynched.

TW

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A friend of mine lives in Villa Maria, she is a PLD supporter and was hoarse from partying when I spoke to her last night. She did reveal to me, however, that a group of 'whites' (PRD supporters) who she said had been paid to vote PLD were celebrating together with the 'purples'. Some things I will never understand.

Chiri