some help?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
This is the deal. My dreams finally came true and I took a bump in NYC. I received a free RT ticket on USAirways anywhere in the US. So, I am looking for the cheapest gateway to POP, naturally. I have the month of July to travel this year. My plan is to take my free ticket, get myself out of the hinterlands and to a cheap intl gateway, claim bags and re-check in and get out of town.

Once in POP I need to take a side excursion to Valencia, Venezuela, probably just for 3-4 days.

Airlines recommended? Gateway cities recommended? Flights to Vzla. recommended? I have a budget. I'd like to keep my flight from US to POP around $250 and the same from SDQ to VLN.

Thanks.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Aerpostal is a Venezuelan airline that goes from Santo Domingo to Caracas. You could check their website or www.abstravel.com for prices. I am almost 100% there are no flights from POP or Santo Domingo to Venezuela.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Actually, there are flights for around $300 from Santo Domingo to Valencia (stopping in Curacao) using a combination of Dutch Carribean and Aeropostal.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Chris_NJ said:
Actually, there are flights for around $300 from Santo Domingo to Valencia (stopping in Curacao) using a combination of Dutch Carribean and Aeropostal.

Thanks, I will check it out. If I can't get tickets from SDQ to VLN, I will have to skip the DR this year and just go to Venezuela (I want to do both).

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There is another airline that serves venezuela from santo domingo besides aeropostal. Its called aserca and flies from SDQ to CSS. Its generally cheaper than aeropostal. Take that airline to caracas and then take a bus to valencia. Its not that far only 2 hours (I think). I think you have lived in venezuela so you know how this is exactly done.
AZB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
There is another airline that serves venezuela from santo domingo besides aeropostal. Its called aserca and flies from SDQ to CSS. Its generally cheaper than aeropostal. Take that airline to caracas and then take a bus to valencia. Its not that far only 2 hours (I think). I think you have lived in venezuela so you know how this is exactly done.
AZB
Please listen to AZB and then come to the DR. I will throw a party in your honor and have 50 people show up to celebrate your arrival.

Scott

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Well, everywhere I look, it's just under $400 jfk/pop. From Miami to Valencia, it's a bit less. That's the either/or scenario.

From Santo Domingo to Valencia, it's about $350. (I don't really want to take a bus from POP to SDQ, get on a plane to Caracas and then take another bus to Valencia. I'd rather shoot myself in the head. But thank you AZB.) This is the "go to both countries" scenario, and it puts me over budget by $250 :(. (Taking a bus wouldn't save me much money).

Besides Dutch Caribbean and AA, are there any other options...? Charters, how do they work?

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
sorry, but...

Took the freebie to Miami, and an Aeropostal flight direct to Valencia, for $350. If I couldn't do both I was obligated to go this route. I am very happy to go and see family and friends (although my nearest and dearest have all emigrated to the USA from Vzla. Figures.) Bummer to miss out on POP in July. Now I need to wait until high season is over to look at tickets again.

Hey if you wanna do a DR1 reunion in Valencia....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Quinta Luisana, Calle Acuario, Trigal Norte....