How much do Dominicans drink?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Everywhere I go, all day long, I see Dominicans drinking beer. EVERYWHERE! God bless them all.

Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra si!

h.erickson said:
and theres nothing better than a cold presidente dress like a "novia:"
Amen to that. When dressed as a "novia", I can honestly hear that magical sound when pouring into my glass. Oh boy!!

h.erickson

May 16, 2004
and more on hot sticky day, you drink it until your brain freezes and then you give a long aaaaahhhhhhh. :cool:

Apr 26, 2002
I bought shares in SAB Miller ...

just because I thought I should get a piece of my own action. I think the Leon family should at least name a vat after me and my family given all we've done for them (Mrs. Rubirosa smokes their cigarettes too!).

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Brugal???

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Brugal, which is as much a favorite pasttime as Presidente. The Dominincans I know drink it straight and sip away at it all day long... what a life (can't wait hehehehe).

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Fiesta Mama said:
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Brugal, which is as much a favorite pasttime as Presidente. The Dominincans I know drink it straight and sip away at it all day long... what a life (can't wait hehehehe).
My childhood friend works for Brugal and we get all the Anejo we want for free. It's not Extra Viejo, but you get so messed up off of Anejo that you don't care anyways. Aaahh those were the days, can't wait until I go back in August. I'm only 3 months, 9 credit hours, and $400 away from paradise.

ellion

Apr 24, 2004
www.cheap-ld-calls.com
Drink Noni Juice instead of beer

Larry said:
Everywhere I go, all day long, I see Dominicans drinking beer. EVERYWHERE! God bless them all.

Larry

Dominicans should be drinking lots of Noni Juice instead of beer because its good for their health. The Noni Juice will assist the body to function properly, assist with maintaining a healthy immune system, figth off cancer, assist with keeping the liver and kidney functioning properly. Visit www.tni.com/pure-noni and read up on the health issues.Ellion

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Rocky said:
It's the nectar of the gods.

Nothing better than a cold Presidente for breakfast at Rocky's!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I've never seen "Noni" for sale I'll stick with the Presidente!!!!!!!!!

MCM

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If noni juice is so healthy for you then why do I feel like vimiting after drinking a sip? I mean, why does it taste so bad if its so healthy for you? Then why does beer taste so refreshing in a hot day when, in actuality, its so bad for your health?
All in all, my question is, why all the things that are bad for your health, taste so good?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
heh...i got a kick on my last trip when i went to the bank and the teller had a presidente on her desk and a cigarette burning as well.

THEN when we were at a toll booth on the highway a guy got out of his car to pay the toll with a beer in his hand.

<sigh> i miss brugal extra vejo....cant find it here in the u.s. is there anyway to get a couple of bottles shipped here to NYC?

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
ellion said:
Dominicans should be drinking lots of Noni Juice instead of beer because its good for their health. The Noni Juice will assist the body to function properly, assist with maintaining a healthy immune system, figth off cancer, assist with keeping the liver and kidney functioning properly. Visit www.tni.com/pure-noni and read up on the health issues.Ellion

Heck with that, give me my good ole prune juice anyday :)

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Getting back to the original question?

How much do Dominicans drink?

Well I would divide it into two parts.

1. Men: A typical Dominican man will drink more that what the guy who is paying for the booze will drink. Got it? Yes sir I am right and I don't care if the die hard partiots on the board will defend their compratriots. When you get invited by a dominican guy to hang out with his friends it usually means............I am gonna go out with my friends but I need you to pay for me and my buddies you don't know.

2. Women: When they got out with a foreigner...it is automatically those fancy drinks which they can't even pronounce. Then they don't like it. Then it is sipped with pain and never finished. The damn thing cost the poor guy 15 bucks to be wasted.

When the same chicks go out with their friends (female bunch) they mostly stand in a disco / bar for 45 minutes and leave because they were not invited by a bunch of drunk guys for free rounds. If that does not happen then they suck a warm bottle of Soberana for 2 hours and pay a 45 peso bill and leave.
I wish I could turn into that bottle with 7 girls sucking on it.

I have a rule.............any bloody female who orders a drink worth more than 10 bucks has to pay with her ***.....married, widowed, divorce I could care less.

Now I know Scott here does not see eye to eye with me and my buddy.........but hey we never have to agree 100%.

Beatnut

Jun 4, 2004
Jan said:
Cold Presidente. Nothing beats it..and I mean NADA! People ask me why I moved here. After I've thought about that question long and hard. I really think its only for a few bien frias everyday. Its my lifes blood.

DR is a paradise. i seriously believe its the ebst country in the world.