Flowers to DR

laindia80

Jan 16, 2003
Hello, Can anyone tell me of any flowershops online that you have used to send flowers to your loved ones back home? I would like to send something for mother's day and I really don't know where to look.

Thanks

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
mothers day

Ummm, hate to tell you this, but I believe you have missed Mothers Day already, unless there is a different one in RD.

laindia80 said:
Hello, Can anyone tell me of any flowershops online that you have used to send flowers to your loved ones back home? I would like to send something for mother's day and I really don't know where to look.

Thanks

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!

laindia80 said:

Thanks
Let me tell you, laindia, that I had the worse experience when I tried sending flowers to the DR using the internet. Not only that they are very pricey, most of the times it's just a waste of time. Maybe some have had a good experience but not I. This is how I do it when I send flowers to my sweetie over there: I call a friend over there and my friend would go to a local flower shop and the flowers would be ordered there to be sent to her town. My friend lives in the capital and the flowers are to be delivered to Nagua. Most flower shops are connected in one way or another so they just make a phone call to the flower shop in Nagua and ala. You would need to send, whomever you are going to use, money so they can do that for you. It takes less time and less headaches. It has worked for me for a long time and I am very happy about it. Give it a try if you can.

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
like everything else

in the DR - Mother's Day is LATER than in the states......still upcoming - this coming Sunday - May 30th - try lacentralexpress.com for flower delivery - they seem to do a good service - I have used them for four years for different purchases - a little pricey but reliable....

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
What I do is call a family member in DR to send the flowers for me locally, and then I send them money. The cheapest flowers you will probably be able to send from the US (NY) is about $50. For that you get a crummy small arrangement. For half that in DR, you can get a huge arrangement delivered.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I would reiterate pretty much what others have said already. If you decide to send flowers online, you're looking at approx. $50-75 USD for the smallest arrangement. Mother's Day in RD is this coming Sunday, May 30th.

I have bought rose bouquets in Santiago, Cabarete (well, a bit further east) and Sosua. I have paid approx. RD$500-700 (approx. $10-15USD) for a huge arrangement, and that was probably a gringo price.

Take advice from the board, if you have a contact there, send them the money and have them buy it there. Give them a $20 USD commission for their services, and you still break out way on top. Plus, you have the personal touch of someone overseeing the flowers for you.

Best of luck.