k1 interview date

ADRIANOMARTINEZ

May 25, 2004
Greetings to all. My fiance and I are goung through the k1 visa process and about a month ago I called the consulate to let them know that I was ready for my interview. Now my fiance jst got vacation from her job and we just finished calling this afternoon to see what the hold up was and the lady told us that the appointment was set for the 20th of this month. Previously when i had called they never wanted to give me any information aout my case they just said for me to wait b/c of the delayed mail process in our great Dominican republic. So today this lady did tell us that it was set for last week. My girlfriend cried and pleaded so much with the lady over the phone and we dont know what to do. Shes suppose to leave back to the united states next week, but know shes so depressed that she said that shes just going to stay ecause she does not want to e alone over there fo another few months again. Can someone give us some advise on how to go with this. She told me that we are going to the American Emassy tommorow to see what she can find out. Someone help please.

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
K-1 Interview

Adrian,

Email the following and subscribe to this webgroup with Yahoo. This webgroup has a ton of people that are going through or have been through the K-1 process in the DR. I think if you post your concerns with them, they will help out.

K-1visa_DR-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

ADRIANOMARTINEZ said:
Greetings to all. My fiance and I are goung through the k1 visa process and about a month ago I called the consulate to let them know that I was ready for my interview. Now my fiance jst got vacation from her job and we just finished calling this afternoon to see what the hold up was and the lady told us that the appointment was set for the 20th of this month. Previously when i had called they never wanted to give me any information aout my case they just said for me to wait b/c of the delayed mail process in our great Dominican republic. So today this lady did tell us that it was set for last week. My girlfriend cried and pleaded so much with the lady over the phone and we dont know what to do. Shes suppose to leave back to the united states next week, but know shes so depressed that she said that shes just going to stay ecause she does not want to e alone over there fo another few months again. Can someone give us some advise on how to go with this. She told me that we are going to the American Emassy tommorow to see what she can find out. Someone help please.

ADRIANOMARTINEZ

May 25, 2004
Thank you

negrecita2003 said:
Adrian,

Email the following and subscribe to this webgroup with Yahoo. This webgroup has a ton of people that are going through or have been through the K-1 process in the DR. I think if you post your concerns with them, they will help out.

K-1visa_DR-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Thank you , everything has been resolved and we were granted the visa after they asked us a few questions. We have been in the US since Monday morning. So far its not what i expected.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I am curious...

ADRIANOMARTINEZ said:
So far its not what i expected.

Where do you live? how is it different than what you expected? Is this your first time in the US?