Help! What do I Pack?

lefgirl

May 21, 2004
I cannot believe it. I have picked up a stinking cold from some disease ridden git at work :angry: and I leave the UK for Cabarete on Friday.

Does anyone think that I will need to pack any warmish clothing i.e. sweatshirt etc. as I do not know what the nightime temperatures are like and the last thing I want to do is end up being cold with a cold?!?!

Sorry if I sound like a dunce but I have never been anywhere like this before, in fact I haven't left the UK for 12 years.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I personally have never needed different clothing for the evenings, maybe it is because i work outside in the UK all year round so i handle it a bit better.

It wont hurt to take one item i suppose, but dont forget the temperature in the DR in the evening is as good as our best days have been recently + very humid.

Have a good time (I will be arriving just as you leave, maybe we will pass in the airport)

P.S - Where in the Uk are you from?

Dec 9, 2002
You won't need a sweatshirt or anything like that. Nights aren't much different to days temperature-wise IMO. In the evenings I wear sleeveless tops or strappy vests and have no problems.

Don't forget to write a trip report when you get back and let us know what you got up to.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Dominican Babe said:
You won't need a sweatshirt or anything like that. Nights aren't much different to days temperature-wise IMO. In the evenings I wear sleeveless tops or strappy vests and have no problems.

...........as soon as you start doing some merengue dancing or bachata you could almost wish for the colder UK nights (but not too strong a wish!) :)

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
I wrote nonsense :) - just found out you're going with your partner... Enjoy your stay with your partner :)...
:p :pirate:

Last edited:

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
mexx78 said:
Hi,
Im leaving tomorrow for Cabarete. Ill stay at the Tangerine but of course will also go in town to dance. Where are you staying? Maybe we can have a drink or two in a bar or dance two or three Bachatas....

Max

BTW, How old are you?

BTW ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would suggest you bring a light sweater. While the temperatures are unlikely to fall below 25C, it can get chilly at night. And night time rains are common, so it is always good to bring some cover.