Jimani Tragedy

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I just got off the phone with a friend who is in the Dominican-Hatian border. She described the situation as very very grim and fears the dead count will reach 1000 between the DR and Haiti (Hatians being the most).

I feel really sad for these people. MOst of them already linving in very precarious conditions are left without any possetions at all. If anyone knows how one can be of any help conmtributing canned foods or old clothing or anything useful for these people, please post.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
samiam said:
I just got off the phone with a friend who is in the Dominican-Hatian border. She described the situation as very very grim and fears the dead count will reach 1000 between the DR and Haiti (Hatians being the most).

I feel really sad for these people. MOst of them already linving in very precarious conditions are left without any possetions at all. If anyone knows how one can be of any help conmtributing canned foods or old clothing or anything useful for these people, please post.

Whilst this is a conversation sparked by the weather the DR has had, it might be better to post this thread under 'General'. More people might see it and be able to suggest ways in which you might be able to help.

:)

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Right now on channel Tricom telecable there is a drivegoing on for donations. The phone numbers they are posting is in Puerto Rico (809)274-0714 and in RD (809)334-3040 ext 272/250. Its so sad seing the people and so nice seeing all the people bringing things for them.