Punta Cana-Bavaro Weather Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack

May 20, 2004
Is the sun shining in Punta Cana?

I am travelling to Punta Cana on 26/5 for two weeks and would like to know what the weather is really like...

The weather forecasts (accuweather and weather.com) are not too good, and also people here in the UK are telling me they know people out in DR at the minute who are phoning up with bad weather reports! - All this doom and gloom is starting to make me worried - I shouldnt be as Ive been to caribbean before and know that it is bound to rain some of the time.

So,could someone put my mind at rest and let me know the true weather at the moment!!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
And then what?

You're booked, leaving in a week and as such you can't really do anything about it so go and have fun however you can. So many tourists analyze to death the trip, weather, hotel, diseases, robbers, sankies, noise, garbage, traffic, etc..........after the purchase I am amazed they have fun at all.

And it HAS to be better than "here in the UK".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are on holiday to relax

Thee is nothing more relaxing than a tropical shower.

This is not your your dirty misty Brit rain. This is a gushing downpour withdrops so big you think they'll bust your head! And the noise! It roars and roars.

And then the smell of all that clean air, soft breezes ruffling the palms, a few more drops falling. You pick up your rum and coke and sip. Ahhh.

Put on lots of sun screen and get beet red so your neighbors know you've been "out there".

Even on the most cloudy day you can get sun burned, severely...

Do not sweat weather....

HB

jack

May 20, 2004
Sorry to be so pessimistic!!!

Hillbilly said:
Thee is nothing more relaxing than a tropical shower.

This is not your your dirty misty Brit rain. This is a gushing downpour withdrops so big you think they'll bust your head! And the noise! It roars and roars.

And then the smell of all that clean air, soft breezes ruffling the palms, a few more drops falling. You pick up your rum and coke and sip. Ahhh.

Put on lots of sun screen and get beet red so your neighbors know you've been "out there".

Even on the most cloudy day you can get sun burned, severely...

Do not sweat weather....

HB

Thanks for cheering me up Hillbilly!!!

I know that I am worrying about nothing and that I will have a brilliant time!!! I am not going to listen to any more weather forecasts or people here in England telling me the weather is bad - what do they know anyway!!

jack

May 20, 2004
ricktoronto said:
You're booked, leaving in a week and as such you can't really do anything about it so go and have fun however you can. So many tourists analyze to death the trip, weather, hotel, diseases, robbers, sankies, noise, garbage, traffic, etc..........after the purchase I am amazed they have fun at all.

And it HAS to be better than "here in the UK".

I know - I'm being a fool!!! - can't wait to get there and promise I won't take any notice of anyone else/ or the weather forecasts!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Jack...

I know how you feel...I am flying out of Miami on 5/28 for the weekend, and have been reading the same forecasts from weather.com...
But...since I have been there before, I know that the showers they predict are only passing showers...
You could be at the beach with bright sunshine and all of a sudden this wonderful rain drops just start pouring down on you for a few minutes and then dissappear just as fast!
And as Hillbilly says...the feeling is too wonderful to describe!
Besides...there is always something to do in DR...sometimes even more fun when it's raining!!!
So...just go and have fun!!!

BTW...where are you staying?

Last edited:

jack

May 20, 2004
Musicqueen said:
I know how you feel...I am flying out of Miami on 5/28 for the weekend, and have been reading the same forecasts from weather.com...
But...since I have been there before, I know that the showers they predict are only passing showers...
You could be at the beach with bright sunshine and all of a sudden this wonderful rain drops just start pouring down on you for a few minutes and then dissappear just as fast!
And as Hillbilly says...the feeling is too wonderful to describe!
Besides...there is always something to do in DR...sometimes even more fun when it's raining!!!
So...just go and have fun!!!

BTW...where are you staying?

HI

Thanks for your reply! - I am really looking forward to my holiday and I think It's just some pre holiday jitters making me worry about the weather - how sad am I ?!!!!

I am travelling out on Thursday 27/5 for two weeks and staying at Superclubs Breezes Punta Cana - I've been reading reviews on the hotel too that would put some people off going but I'm sure it will be fine!!!! I'll have to stop looking at weather and hotel reviews won't I!!!!

Where are you staying?

Jack

I am travelling out on Thurs 27

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Barcelo Bavaro Beach...

I work for a radio station here in Miami, and a whole bunch of us are going for the weekend and staying there...
We've been at that complex before, and I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends there again!
Relax and enjoy...it will be something to remember!!!

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Breezes

jack said:
HI

Thanks for your reply! - I am really looking forward to my holiday and I think It's just some pre holiday jitters making me worry about the weather - how sad am I ?!!!!

I am travelling out on Thursday 27/5 for two weeks and staying at Superclubs Breezes Punta Cana - I've been reading reviews on the hotel too that would put some people off going but I'm sure it will be fine!!!! I'll have to stop looking at weather and hotel reviews won't I!!!!

Where are you staying?

Jack

I am travelling out on Thurs 27

We just got back (late April) from Breezes Punta Cana. A woderful hotel in all respects. Absolutely wonderful. The General Manager - Sandy - is the best remember us to her. You'll have a fabulous Holiday.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Punta Cana Weather Update

Talking with the front desk people of a Punta Cana hotel was told yesterday and today have been sunny days.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
We received an email from Texas, from a person concerned about the floods and how it will affect her vacation to Punta Cana:

"What I want to know is will we be safe? What about those
floods are they near Punta Cana. Are you in the DR? What country are you
at? I am in Texas."

Yes, you will be safe. The floods in Jimani are very far from Punta Cana.

Punta Cana was never affected by the rains. It is sunny there today. Come on down and enjoy that much looked forward to vacation.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Called a friendly contact at Breezes in Punta Cana at 2:46 pm on Friday, 28 May. Weather description to the question, "How is the weather out there?:" "Lovely" (hermoso!). Sun is shining bright. Yesterday it didn't rain, either. Looks like a good weekend.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
For the past four days the weather has been excellent in Punta Cana. Today, Monday, 31 May at 9 am the sun is shining again, with expectations for a very good day for beachgoers today also.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Yesterday was a sunny day, no rain yesterday. Today at 12:50 pm, the report from Punta Cana (Paradisus Hotel) is that it is a sunny day. Rain unlikely. "What we have is a lot of heat," stated the telephone operator when we called the hotel for an eyewitness update.

eciti

Jun 1, 2004
Weather and Paradisus

Dolores said:
Yesterday was a sunny day, no rain yesterday. Today at 12:50 pm, the report from Punta Cana (Paradisus Hotel) is that it is a sunny day. Rain unlikely. "What we have is a lot of heat," stated the telephone operator when we called the hotel for an eyewitness update.

I am traveling to Punta Cana on June7th , any idea on the rain forecast for next week? Also has anyone stayed at the Paradisus before?..that is where I am headed . Thanks all....

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
eciti said:
I am traveling to Punta Cana on June7th , any idea on the rain forecast for next week? Also has anyone stayed at the Paradisus before?..that is where I am headed . Thanks all....

No one can give you an accurate five-day forecast. You just need to follow the weather on this thread on a day to day basis, checking in on the day prior to your arrival for a general idea of what the weather will be.

You can also follow the satellite photos and the NOAA weather reports available through links on the http://www.dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml page

Paradisus is best for people who are active that can take advantage of the very complete sports program. Also check out the new Dominican gourmet restaurant at the sister hotel Melia Tropical Caribe -- the Guarapo. I believe you have share privileges with this hotel.

See http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/paradisus.shtml
http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/melia_caribe_tropical.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.