Barahona flooding?

canuck MD

May 2, 2004
Can anyone tell me if Barahona has been affected by the floods and bad weather? I have friends working in the rural areas and havn't been able to contact them. Thank you

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I have a close friend whose parents live in Barahona and are well connected. She had not heard of anything tragic from Barahona city itself. She promised a full report later today once she contacted her people.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The area of greatest destruction was further West

There are communication problems in the area with falling telephone poles and washed out bridges. However, the devastation was in the area closest to Haiti.

HB

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Talked to my friend. Says Barahona did not suffer damages. Just the rains everyone got. Nobody knew of anything to tell about. The phones are working, as she got through right away. She said people confuse the area of Enriquillo Lake with Barahona.

canuck MD

May 2, 2004
Thank you for all the information. I spoke with my friends who are in Baharona and damage is limited. They did however go to Jimani yesterday and today (reason why I couldn't contact them) to help out. One word...horrible! Absolute tragedy. Although I'm not a very religous individual, I will pray for the DR and it's people for the weeks to come.