Planning My Next Trip Need Help!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Okay I miss the DR already so I'm trying to see if my budget can take me back in July. But I want to stay at a non AI if possible, my friend a I will be going once again lol.

Questions:
1. any sites where I could I find good flight deals? Everything I've seen now is around $600.00 without tax so about $800.00 with tax. What is the lowest price I could get?
2. Hotels clean with good rates I'm thinking of staying in Sosua.
3. How much should it cost me from the airport to Sosua if I took a cab. (I might be able to get a friend to pick me up).
4. I want to go for a day to Santo Domingo what would be the best way and affordable to get there from Sosua?
5. I'd also like to go to Santiago and same question best way to get there and affordable?
6. How much money do you think I would need to take for food for a week? Oh I am someone who has to eat three meals I love my food lol! Just an rough estimate I don't expect an exact amount of course.

If there are any suggestions of places I should visit please do tell!

I really want to get out there again and see more of the real DR, just thinking about it I'm getting happy! I will be saving all my pennies lol.

Thanks in advanced

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The taxi group at the airport charge US$15 to Sosua.

The best and cheapest way to go to both Santiago and Santo Domigo is the Caribe Tours bus. Starting at 5:20 am until 6:20 pm there is a bus leaving from the Sosua terminal at 20 minutes past the hour for Santiago and Santo Domingo. The trip to Santiago takes about 2 hours; to Santo Domingo about 4.5 hours, including the refreshment stop in Santiago. If you are just going to Santo Domingo for the day, it will be a long and tiring day. The last bus leaves Santo Domingo for Sosua at 7pm.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Me and the Clan will be happy to show you Santiago

If you like to party, you have to spend the night. My boys start their nights ar 11 p.m. and go until 4 a.m.

Feel free to PM me or email me...

HB

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Music said:
Okay I miss the DR already so I'm trying to see if my budget can take me back in July. But I want to stay at a non AI if possible, my friend a I will be going once again lol.

Questions:
1. any sites where I could I find good flight deals? Everything I've seen now is around $600.00 without tax so about $800.00 with tax. What is the lowest price I could get?
2. Hotels clean with good rates I'm thinking of staying in Sosua.
3. How much should it cost me from the airport to Sosua if I took a cab. (I might be able to get a friend to pick me up).
4. I want to go for a day to Santo Domingo what would be the best way and affordable to get there from Sosua?
5. I'd also like to go to Santiago and same question best way to get there and affordable?
6. How much money do you think I would need to take for food for a week? Oh I am someone who has to eat three meals I love my food lol! Just an rough estimate I don't expect an exact amount of course.

If there are any suggestions of places I should visit please do tell!

I really want to get out there again and see more of the real DR, just thinking about it I'm getting happy! I will be saving all my pennies lol.

Thanks in advanced

Music... where are you coming from - the UK?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Wow you are the best!

Ken- thanks for the info. I know it's a long day to Santo Domingo many people have told me but I want to check it out. I'll just have to prepare for the long day but with my friend whereever we go, it's always an adventure and we make to best of it. We will be the two girls singing and laughing the whole ride there lol.

Escott- I will definatly try for sure, I'm trying to see if I can save enough to come in July because I have a week off and we really want to go back to see more of the DR. The DR is like a magnet once you go it keeps drawing to back to the place lol. People don't understand why I keep going back because they haven't gone yet.

Hillbilly- I will take you up on that, we love to party and dance dance the night away! I will PM you.

Chester4- I'm coming from Toronto,Canada.

Just talking about it makes me so excited I hope it all works out for July, I'm trying my best!!!