Garbage in DR from Puerto Rico, USA ?

omars

May 27, 2004

Please inform the community if you know of such practice.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Saw a Guy Litter in Boca Chica

omars said:

Please inform the community if you know of such practice.

He looked quite Puerto Rican to me. could you be a little more vague with the query?

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Ha! Ha!

Seriously, the garbage is rock ash brought in to Samana and Manzanillo and dumped near the beaches. It's not the Puerto Ricans' fault though; it's the corrupt, uncaring and irresponsible government we are suffering with at the present time and the main problem for the environment not only in the DR but everywhere: BUSINESS!

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
For what it's worth-----
The Rockash offloaded at Manzanillo was placed in the compound occupied by Trans Dominicana Desarrolla, the company who has the contract to "manage" the Port of Manzanillo. One truckload was scrounged by the Sindico Rafaelito and was used as fill for the chuckholes in the road between Manzanillo and Copey. I might add that neither place where it was used is "near" the beaches frequented by the locals or by visitors.
All was packed very thoroughly to an almost concrete surface consistancy. While inspecting for my own benefit, I noticed NO evidence of erosion of the surface.
I realize all that is beside the point, but thought I'd describe what the situation is here in Manzanillo.
You're right, however, and the material should NEVER have been allowed to enter the country.

Texas Bill