The worst Pictures de la inundaciones

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Disproportionate Giving

From DR1 News:

DR1 said:
Relief reaches Jimani
The Canadian government approved an immediate RD$2-million assistance fund and the United States government has donated US$50,000 in humanitarian aid. The government of Japan donated US$100,000 and the European Union has announced a package worth US$2.43 million, as reported in El Caribe.

The Canadian government donates 40 times the US amount, with 1/10 the population? I hope they meant the US was at least $5 Million.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Thanks for the photos

trina said:
The link doesn't work, but this one does:

http://www.livio.com/inundaciones/

Thank you...I was looking for a site that I could refer friends to!

Thank you for the photos. You know, it bothers me to see how human corpses are handled; why not use some makeshift stretchers or cover them with something? Such little dignity; same as an animal carcass on the side of the road!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Makeshift stretchers would be appropriate as would body bags or covers......

however until relief reaches the area the living must do the best they can.....
better to haul a body out of the mud and debris so relatives can I.D. and claim their loved one than leaving the body to rot in the heat. Also when the town has been destroyed where does one find a building large enough to properly "lay out" the deceased???
These photos are REAL.....as it happens.....May God grant peace to all those who lost family in this disaster........

As for the Canadian RD$2 million that translates into roughly CAN$61000. or about US$45000....... donated by a country with one tenth the population of the USA. Troops are also being sent to assist in the rebuilding and I understand the Canadian Red Cross is also lending assistance. While we all wish we could do more every bit helps!

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Canada and the U.S.

Canada and the U.S. have always been there for us, in every emergency, as they are now. We are grateful and appreciate greatly not only their governments' help but the peoples' solidarity. Canadians and Americans
support our tourism industry greatly also and that is similarly appreciated.