xxx translation please

oixala

May 28, 2004
ok. so im pretty versed in dr jerga but the other day this dominican friend of mine was trying his usual lines and kept mentioning something about "raban..." or "ese raban" or "yo quiero raban...." i dont know. im hoping this rings a bell with one of yall. i know it's something fil-thy, but he wouldnt elaborate when i asked...

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
oixala said:
ok. so im pretty versed in dr jerga but the other day this dominican friend of mine was trying his usual lines and kept mentioning something about "raban..." or "ese raban" or "yo quiero raban...." i dont know. im hoping this rings a bell with one of yall. i know it's something fil-thy, but he wouldnt elaborate when i asked...

I found only the word "rabano"
1 m. Hierba cruc?fera hortense, de tallo ramoso y velludo, hojas ?speras y grandes, flores blancas, amarillas o purpurinas en racimos terminales, silicua estriada y ra?z carnosa, casi redonda, roja (Raphanus sativus).
2 Ra?z de esta planta.
3 fig. Rabanillo (hierba).
4 R?bano silvestre, planta cruc?fera perenne y lampi?a, con pan?culas de flores blancas, cuyas ra?ces se usan como condimento (Armoracia rusticana).
5 fig. Cosa de poca importancia: me importa un ~.
6 vulg. Pene.
7 ?Un ~!, fam., forma despectiva de negaci?n absoluta. FR Tomar el ~ por las hojas, fig. equivocarse de medio a medio en la ejecuci?n o interpretaci?n de una cosa.

..Aunque sean m?s de ocho millones,
a los pobres las cifras les importan un r?bano.....

Horseradish

Last edited:

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
oixala said:

perhaps he means "yo quiero ra par" that means I want to have sex.
Too bad I cant be a little more blunt.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I think you may have heard or spelled it wrong, sometimes pronunciation of these words is so innacurate that it is impossible to tell what you are hearing untill you hear several different people say it. In 5 years I have never heard this word so I think you may have been hearing something else. (of course my experience is far from exhaustive, there are lots of words I haven't heard yet)

I knew a guy from the campo that used to call people "maivao" alot, turns out he was trying to say "malvado" (evil)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
p1atan0 said:
perhaps he means "yo quiero ra par" that means I want to have sex.
Too bad I cant be a little more blunt.
LOL, i think the same too.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
mariposa said:
it's rapar for sure!

I don't know, I think JaneJ might have something...they DO like their brand names, you know!

Last edited:

oixala

May 28, 2004
you guys are too funny. im gonna try to get him to say it again next time we chill and solve the big mystery....thanks...

Lyse

Jan 2, 2002
They taught me that rrapar takes to r ????. Oixala, the next time you should answer him Despues de rrapar vamos a singar.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
You are too funny! I like that one! C?mico-la verdad que s?.

I am on the floor dying of laughter right now!

Lyse said:
They taught me that rrapar takes to r ????. Oixala, the next time you should answer him Despues de rrapar vamos a singar.

Last edited:

oixala

May 28, 2004
clase

i thought it was sindar...not singar....lol... which is it?
and what's rapar la paila??? educame porfa'

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Pronounced "rapar", it is actually the verb raspar. To scrape. "Rapar la paila"is "scrape the pan". As in scrape the con con out of the pan. Most Dominicans drop the s in normal speech. An innocent phase that like many has taken on a doble sentido. Like "planchar las sabanas".

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
oh my god

i did'nt think we can be so blunt on this forum, if not i would have said rapar and singar a long time ago.
(actually still rolling on the floor)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I agree with you but I don't think we can get around it. We answered the questions as asked- verdad.

We are just making sure there are no doubts that's all!

p1atan0 said:
i did'nt think we can be so blunt on this forum, if not i would have said rapar and singar a long time ago.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
p1atan0 said:

LOL I guess you haven't found the oral sex discussion or you wouldn't be saying that and CC has been very tame these days. ;)