STI Problem?

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Yesterday, 5/30/04 we were on AA flight # 1798 from POP - JFK. When we arrived to check in for this flight there was the longest line I have ever seen at POP. We had a 5:05 departure time. We were boarded by 4:50 and then screwed around until we finally lifted off at 7:05.
The Capt. told us that the Santiago airport had been closed and we had to weight shift cargo, and wait for passengers. NO ONE ever mentioned why STI was closed!! Does anyone have a reason why?
John

P.S. We ROASTED in that plane for two hours waiting to depart!!

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
johnsr said:
Yesterday, 5/30/04 we were on AA flight # 1798 from POP - JFK. When we arrived to check in for this flight there was the longest line I have ever seen at POP. We had a 5:05 departure time. We were boarded by 4:50 and then screwed around until we finally lifted off at 7:05.
The Capt. told us that the Santiago airport had been closed and we had to weight shift cargo, and wait for passengers. NO ONE ever mentioned why STI was closed!! Does anyone have a reason why?
John

P.S. We ROASTED in that plane for two hours waiting to depart!!

American Airlines is well known cut costs ans saying things that are not true!

American use many times un favor, JFK-SDQ 3 daily flights

1st at 7 am
2nd at 1 PM
3th at 5 PM

American cut 2nd flight and make 3th flight a combination with 2nd flight, so they says to the passenger (that were planned to use 2nd flight), the aircraft have an technical problem or is arrived delayed all passengers will be transfered to the 5 PM flight!

American use this excuse many times, so they cut costs and doenst lost image!

Last weeks i hear flight JFK-STI is making JFK-MIA-STI

so they also cut 1 flight MIA-STI

the same reason to your flight Jhonsr, all pax transfered to AA1798 so 1 flight lesser they cut costs of US$ 35000 per RT flight and make more profit in the combined flight, but they lose image!