Countdown.....

Milly

Feb 1, 2004
........20 days to go!!!!! First visit to DR
Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and information I've gained reading everyones messages. I'm sure it will really help us make the most of our holiday. We've reserved places online for the dolphin swim at Ocean World because we read it can get booked up well in advance, we shall book all our other excursions at the Plaza in Puerto Plata or on the beach because you said it will be cheaper that through our rep. We will definately be bringing lots of supplies to take to a local school. I haven't decided yet whether to get our tourist cards in advance or at the airport but if I leave it any longer I'll have no choice!!! We'll bring dollars and credit cards.
Is there anything else we should think about apart from relaxing and looking forward to having a great time?

Thanks again
Milly

Milly

Feb 1, 2004
Puerto Plata Village. (Please don't give me a bad report now, it's to late!!!!)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
No problem about the tourist card. Just bring a pen and exact change for purchasing it at the airport.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Milly said:

No bad report from here............put it this way i have been to PLaya Dorada 5 times and i am going back again in 5 days!

Milly

Feb 1, 2004
tired_boy said:
No bad report from here............put it this way i have been to PLaya Dorada 5 times and i am going back again in 5 days!

Whereabouts do you stay tired_boy? (Just in case we get hooked and want to go back!)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Milly said:
Whereabouts do you stay tired_boy? (Just in case we get hooked and want to go back!)

Well this time we are in the Occidental Gran Flamenco for the 2nd time and also we have stayed twice in the Hotel Gran Playa Dorada, i would recommend either of these two 4* hotels.

Milly

Feb 1, 2004
Getting closer......

Only 3 days of work, 2 days on a training course and 2 days off then we are on our way!!!!!

Can't wait.

Milly

P.S. Anybody else flying from London Gatwich on the 20th?

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Enjoy your stay

Milly said:

On our first trip to the DR from the UK we stayed at Puerto Plata Village - we had a great time. Don't forget to book for the different restaurants in time to get a table... recommend the Italian restaurant.

e-mail me if you would like to meet in Sosua where I live .... left the UK two and a half years ago and live in Sosua with my 2 children.

Have a wonderful holiday.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
june 18

I leave on the 18th and ill be there till the 4th of July I was wondering if anyoe knows of a place where DR1rs hang out in Puerto Plata. I would really like to meet you all.