Going TO DR w/out passport

raylusion

Jun 1, 2004
:paranoid:

I'm going to Dominican Republic on June 4 without a passport but i'm going with my original birth certificate(from NY) and my puertorican license all original,I just wanna know if I will have any promblem leavind DR please let me know I'm going anyways because ur site says I can go w/out passport but some people say i can leave the country but some say i'll have promblems just curious...Thanks Ray

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
aviastar said:
you are not allowed to travel from USA to DR without passport, airline will refuse to board you. :nervous:

I think you could travel with the original birth certificate and another form of ID. The real problem is not leaving NY to DR, it is getting out of DR.

You may encounter problems because you do not have a passport. It will take them longer to verify who you are. Make life easier on yourself and get a passport, it will make things much smoother for you.

As far as leaving on the 4th, it is up to you. I would call the airline and make sure they will allow you to board. On your way back, good luck.

raylusion

Jun 1, 2004
Its from PR to DR

Its from San Juan to DR and Vice Versa please let me know.....I booked the flight but haven't paid it yet

mariposa

May 19, 2004
you just need an original birth certificate and 2 forms of ID, that's all, no problems to travel if you are a us citizen!

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
passport

I have heard of people traveling to DR form PR with out a passport and have had no problem.
personally, I would try to get my passport because one time I tried to travel with my expired passport, about 1 month expired and the airline did'nt allow me to travel untill I showed them 2 more pieces of I.D. that I did not have at the time My wife had to take an $80.00 taxi ride to J.F.K. Airport and bring another piece of I.D. Now, geting back to the States wasnt a problem, I guess they didnt notice the expiration date. Thank God.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This subject has come up before and Dolores check with Immigration. They assured her that travelers from the US can enter and leave without a passport.

Anyone that doesn't have a passport should seriously consider getting one. But since you don't have time, don't worry about it.

Tenga buen viaje.

jamesT

Jun 1, 2004
passport

raylusion said:
:paranoid:

I'm going to Dominican Republic on June 4 without a passport but i'm going with my original birth certificate(from NY) and my puertorican license all original,I just wanna know if I will have any promblem leavind DR please let me know I'm going anyways because ur site says I can go w/out passport but some people say i can leave the country but some say i'll have promblems just curious...Thanks Ray

-------

The US Passport service center in Rockefellar Center NY provides sameday passport service. As I remember, all I had to do was show the necessary ID and a plane ticket. You night spend several hours at the center but you will find it well worth the time.

raylusion

Jun 1, 2004
Its From Puerto Rico Not Ny!!!

[my bert cert is from NY but leaving from PR and I only have my licensce(PR)i called American AirLines and said that I only need MY PRican license and i'm supoosley ok i know dr needs the tourist especially when its my first time there good lookin out ppl and I hope i have mad fun :classic: