Viva

curiosa

Jun 3, 2004
Hi

I live in NY and own a travel agency- last year we started to hear rumors about a new airlines called Viva. I have been reading your forum for some time now and noticed the name come up a few times. My question is what is the status of this airline? Are they starting anytime soon-is there any news about them in the Dominican Republic? Thanks in advance for your help.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
curiosa said:
Hi

I live in NY and own a travel agency- last year we started to hear rumors about a new airlines called Viva. I have been reading your forum for some time now and noticed the name come up a few times. My question is what is the status of this airline? Are they starting anytime soon-is there any news about them in the Dominican Republic? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Curiosa. I am in New York, too. Lord only knows about these Viva folks, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They seem very good at issuing press releases -- but that's it.

Here's a previous post, that links to a business plan they've been circulating.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31364

Hope this helps.

cara

Feb 21, 2003
they have to close their office in the DR, there is not money to pay, they also in court because they do not pay their employee.

curiosa

Jun 3, 2004
Hi

Thank you both for the information. If you hear any other news on them please keep me posted.