Tropix Hotel

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Can someone tell me where the Tropix Hotel is in Sosua? I was Sosua a few weeks ago but I never saw it. If someone could tell me where it is in relation to whatever the main street coming from Puerto Plata, I would appreciate it.

Is it convenient to the beach? Walking distance to Downtown Sousa?

Is it a good place to stay with my wife and 10 year old son?

Thanks in Advance

MCM

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
MotorCity Mike said:
Can someone tell me where the Tropix Hotel is in Sosua? I was Sosua a few weeks ago but I never saw it. If someone could tell me where it is in relation to whatever the main street coming from Puerto Plata, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance

MCM
The Tropix hotel is situated on Camino Llibre, commonly known as the road that goes up the mountain next to the police station, a few hundred yards up the hill on the left hand side.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
MotorCity Mike said:

Thanks in Advance

MCM

It is an ok place to stay, but there are much better places in Sosua you can find with many more amenities.
Sosua by the Sea, I am not sure when you are going, is running a great special now for about $ 45 per person per day for an All Inclusive plan, can't beat that for the ocean front proeprty with a nice pool.
Need more help, let me know:)))

Happy travels.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
I stayed at the Sosua Bay Hotel a few nights the last time I was there. It was a nice place. The $45.00 p/p p/n night deal will be over by the time I get there. Even if it wasn't over, US$135.00 p/n is too much for me.

I'm trying to find a place that is pretty nice, low $$, has A/C, a pool for my son and is close to downtown.

I know.....asking a lot huh? :cool:

MCM

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Depends on what you want. If you want a hotel with a bar, animacion department and planned activities, it isn't the place for you. If you want a small, very friendly hotel with a large pool and many shade trees in a quiet neigborhood, it would be a good choice. They have a kitchen that guests can use. http://www.tropixhotel.com/

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uh, Mike?

What about Condos Dominicanos? It is in the middle of town on a quiet street, has a pool, and is near walking distance to most places..

HB

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
MotorCity Mike said:
I stayed at the Sosua Bay Hotel a few nights the last time I was there. It was a nice place. The $45.00 p/p p/n night deal will be over by the time I get there. Even if it wasn't over, US$135.00 p/n is too much for me.

I'm trying to find a place that is pretty nice, low $$, has A/C, a pool for my son and is close to downtown.

I know.....asking a lot huh? :cool:

MCM
Whee did you get $135 p/p per night? The rate is based on adults , not kids(well up to 12 years old) , they stay free and the AI plan for them is only $12. We are talking here for all the food and drinks price is also included?
When are you going?

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
sunnyvillas said:
Whee did you get $135 p/p per night? The rate is based on adults , not kids(well up to 12 years old) , they stay free and the AI plan for them is only $12. We are talking here for all the food and drinks price is also included?
When are you going?

I just figured $45 x 3. Then I went to the Starz Resorts website and put in 7 nights at the Sosua Bay Hotel (2 Adults, 1 Child (10 years old), 1 room. The price came back over $1,600 for a garden view and $1,800 for an ocean view.

I'd have to eat and drink a whole lot to be able to justify that!!!!

The dates I'm working on (if I can get them off from my job) are 6/30 - 7/7

MCM