Leave on the 11th

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I leave Indianapolis for La Romana on Friday for my 5th trip this year. Thanks to this forum I have compiled a list of things that I will not do in the DR this trip.

1. I will not fly any other airlines other than American Airlines.
2. I will not stay in an AI
3. I will not yell at anyone, even when hailing a motoconcho.
4. I will not flash money around to attract young Dominican women.
5. I will not call or visit AZB, because many of you find him disgusting.
6. I will not post on DR1, because Anna has put me in my place.
7. I will not yell out my hotel window ?Vota Blanco? like I did on my last trip.
8. I will not drink any thing other than tap water and El Presidente.
9. I will not go to the trash littered beaches.
10. I will not go to PC because musicqueen says there are a lot of gays.
11. I will not stay at the Gran Hotel Barahona, even at $700RD per night.
12. I will not go to SD because of its urban sprawl, other than to see a sick friend who will be there late in the week.
13. I will not take a flashlight as I assume that the light will be on all of the time I am in the country.
14. I will not send my $10,000USD to Bills; he will have to pick it up in the DR.
15. I will not try to sell the 13 outdated cell phones I have at home in the DR.
16. I will not spend $400 million USD just to improve US, Dominican relations and erase the amount owed to US investors.
17. I will not buy any government property for less than RD$5,000 per tarea, or about RD$8 per square meter as Jesus Feliz Jimenez did.
18. I will not get liposuction while in the DR. They could sell this much fat and fuel an entire city. Think what that would do to government subsidized propane prices.
19. I will not go shopping with my novia. And I will not carry her handbag.
20.I will not tip anyone less than 30%, and will try to find a florist who has fresh cut roses.

If you can think of any other things I should not do on my stay, please reply.

Charlie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Charlie: You are so fulla crappo!!

That is a great list, but you keep putting that word "not" where it doesn't belong!

And If you should happen to drink that bilge they call tap water in the south, Lord help You!

'Have a great trip! I am sure you will enjoy this even more now that you are "in the know!"

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
How about:
I will NOT ask the Amet policeman who is charging me for running a red light at the last junction (where there WERE no lights) for a loan so that I can pay his fine??
OR
I will NOT chant outside the PRD headquarters "Bring back Hatuey - ALL is forgiven"
I will NOT go to the Jimani area with a water divining fork.
I WILL flash my clerics dog-collar as I go through custome & DEMAND a free entry with all my contraband.

This could start a whole new way of life for all incoming visitors. Keep the ideas coming!! - Grahame.

Beatnut

Jun 4, 2004
i will not:

-offer amets money
-drive without beer (cmon, you need this freedom)
-leave without eating a chimi
-be sober 100% of the time
-turn a blind eye to ''el hotel hamaca''
-use pant? condoms