dermatologist puerto plata, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sami

Aug 7, 2003
does anyone have the name of a good dermatologist....who speaks english, preferably.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I know Dra. Germosen at Clinica Bournigal, who is very, very nice ? but I?m not sure if she speaks English.

There is also the Instituto Dermatologico in Puerto Plata, where I went to have a mole on my arm removed. They bugged me because they wouldn?t just take the darned thing off, they had to do a biopsy. And to do the biopsy, they wouldn?t take the whole thing off, noooooo, they would only take half of it off, requiring me to go back after the biopsy to have the second half removed. Duh.

And also, I remember, my appointment was at 2pm, so I got there at 1:45, but they hadn?t opened yet from lunch and I had to stand outside in the sun. I am very fair-skinned and it was bloody hot. When I finally went in and presented myself to the receptionist, sun-blotched as I was, she said, ?So, you?re here about your face?? :confused:

Good luck, sami.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Jane J, I'm surprised they wouldn't take the whole mole off. My wife and I have had several suspicious things removed. The doctor told us she was sending them for biopsy, and if it was found that the object was cancerous and not surrounded with good tissue, that we would have to come back to have more removed.

We go to a dermatologist in Santo Domingo even though we live in Sosua. If I lived in Sosua or Puerto Plata and wanted an excellent, English speaking dermatologist, I would go to Santiago or Santo Domingo. Getting to Santiago from Puerto Plata is not difficult. A bus leaves every hour on the hour from POP.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Es verdad, Ken

They wouldn't take the whole thing off and I was left in a half-moled state.

Would you agree that in judging by the waiting room's occupants, their focus job is centered around acne treatments? I think your advice to seek a dermatologist in Sto Dgo or Stgo is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.