This Boards Impact On Your Life

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
The other day I started to think about the internet and I reliezed that it really does have an impact on my life. I use it mostly for research and AIM chats but I deintely do love comintg to this board and reading posts and making them or replying to them. I go to The clown bin whenever I'm havnga bad day and need a laugh. I go to the romance forum when i want to feel something deep and real. I go to this forum when Im bored- Just kidding.

Anyways I started to wonder If this board didn't exist how it wouldeffect my life. Well Idefinitly love coming here so it would have an impact. I've meet some really cool people, though I dont talk to them anymore. I found an amazing nightclub. I was able to doa report with the help of some posts here. And the board means a lot to me so I feel it's been avery positive force in my life.

If this board didn't exist do you think your life would be the same, better, or worse?

Smiling happy people

Chopical said:
The other day I started to think about the internet and I reliezed that it really does have an impact on my life. I use it mostly for research and AIM chats but I deintely do love comintg to this board and reading posts and making them or replying to them. I go to The clown bin whenever I'm havnga bad day and need a laugh. I go to the romance forum when i want to feel something deep and real. I go to this forum when Im bored- Just kidding.

Anyways I started to wonder If this board didn't exist how it wouldeffect my life. Well Idefinitly love coming here so it would have an impact. I've meet some really cool people, though I dont talk to them anymore. I found an amazing nightclub. I was able to doa report with the help of some posts here. And the board means a lot to me so I feel it's been avery positive force in my life.

If this board didn't exist do you think your life would be the same, better, or worse?

My life would be the same, but i am very happy this board exist.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes Techology is wonderfull

Chopical said:

If I did not have this board?.......Yes it would effect my life, I would have to start looking for Newspapers and Magazines once again for the Bathroom........

Gringo

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Chopical, you come here when you want to read "deep and real." Where is this romance forum you speak of? I hope Sanky-talk isnt getting deep now!

Like Rattus said below: My life wouldnt change, but I'm glad it is around...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have no life, I wonder why?

After 7 years of this message board, I have become an expert in child psychology, hehehehe?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If it wasn't for this board I'd get out more in winter :nervous: Just kidding

Even when I didn't post much I had to read what was going on every morning, during the day and every night.

But I have made so many friends and that's the best part.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Thus far, what I like best about this forum is:

1) meeting people from anywhere and everywhere- "las amistades".

2) learning about what I do not already know. After all you can't know everything.

3) sharing with people who have a common interest.

But to survive on this board you have to have a strong will power to say the very least.

What I would do if I did not have DR1 to read:

Life has limitless opportunities, it does not begin and end here. I would find something else to read however, I am glad that the forum does exist because I like conversing with interesting people.

Chao,

LDG.

Last edited:

Rockkon

Mar 6, 2004
Gringo said:
If I did not have this board?.......Yes it would effect my life, I would have to start looking for Newspapapers and Magazines once again for the Bathroom........
Gringo

I'm surprised everyone let this go. It creates a whole new visual for the term "laptop".

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Criss Colon said:
Aside from the extra income I get for being a DR1 Moderator , I would not have any "sex life" if it weren't for DR1! :nervous: CC

shhh..

I don't think Rob wants anyone to know about all the mula he pays us.

DR1 is a source of wealth and information..it creates friendships.

Things sometimes get heated, but like a true family, their is a certain bond that you develop with people that will last for a long time.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My life is better since DR1...

... I now have tons of money stashed away in the bank...so I'm living the good life... :bandit:

If it wasn't for DR1 and all the info on 'sankies' I would have thrown all that money away on who knows how many of them!!! ;)

Even though my vacations are not as 'exciting' anymore...I can't flirt as much as I did before... :lick:

Now, seriously...I'm thankful to DR1 for all the wealth of information we get on a daily basis...and for the wonderful people I've met on here!

But it could be addictive...I know as soon as I get to work I have to log on and find out the latest!!!! :classic:

If anyone wud, wud wud...Thanks for posting the pics of my vacation so fast!!! You're the best!!!

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let's see!

I was very happy with my life before I discovered DR1. Now I am much happier because if it was not for this site and Keith R, I would have not met the most wonderful person that I have ever met(and that's all I will say about that). I am more content now, also, because it gives me something extra to do with my time. I have learned to become a little, just a little, more tolerant with people's faults, or what I think is their fault. I have learned to not take things so seriously and that if people that you think is a jerk on a computer does not mean that the person is the same in his personal or social life. Now people can attack or critizese me all they want and after I give them a piece of my mind, all will be good again. I saw myself, at the beginning, getting mad for everything and feeling like shi* when people attacked me and now most of those people I truly consider "computer friends". Just because we do not have the same mentality or opinions does not mean that we can not get along. People have diffrerent views because not one person is identical to the other. If I think that you are wrong, I will fight the fight, visa versa, but at the end of that day, when I turn my computer off, I am the same person that turned it on. But babysitting becomes hard sometimes, hehe.

Ps: Because of DR1, now, I see myself going to SD almost every two months and I spend all my fricking money, THANKS DR1, Darnit, hehe.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
miguel said:
I was very happy with my life before I discovered DR1. Now I am much happier because if it was not for this site, I would have not met the most wonderful person that I have ever met...

Awwww... thanks, that's so sweet. You're going to make me blush talking about me like that :)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But, but!

Robert said:
Awwww... thanks, that's so sweet. You're going to make me blush talking about me like that :)
Sorry but I thought that you were already taken. I was told that AZB, LARRY, CC, ESCOTT, AND 3 OTHERS were in a "group by yourselves" and that ANNA was the ORGY recorder, hehe. I don't go that way but with a group like that, I think that I would switch and become a "catcher" instead of a "pitcher", hehe. No vaseline allowed!!!!!!!

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Enlightened

This Boards Impact on MY Life

This board has given me the opportunity to say a bunch of stupid crap about subjects that I know nothing at all about. It has allowed me to criticize people that I don?t even know. It has allowed me to self inflate my ego to the point that I must take injections to sleep at night. It has given me the freedom to act childish and yell and scream like a small child that should be spanked. It has made me lie (small white lies) just to feel important.

However, now that I have repented and no longer feel that I will rot in Hell for the words that I have typed on this board, I feel a whole lot better about myself and others. (I saw the light yesterday when I received a PM from the Board Police.) So now may be I can kiss (women only please) and make up for all of my bad deeds.

In my newly enlightened state, I can say that I have learned a lot from DR1. Its staff and fellow posters are a plethora of useful information and advice. I have actually saved money implementing some of your expertise. Not to mention some real good love advice. As I leave Indianapolis for La Romana on Friday, I know with confidence, that I can coexist in a culture that is so different than mine.

Thank you all for your assistance and advice.

The all new kinder and gentler,
Chuckuindy

pati

Feb 3, 2004
Edited by Robert: I have taken care of this. Thanks for brining it to my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hmmm.....

This board can be quite entertaining lol! It has also helped me prepare for all my DR trips and I get lots of laughs from everyone! I love having this board it's fun reading time for me!

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
plain and simple...

either you dr1 or you don't... remember that tee shirt????

life would not stop if it was not for this board... but i would probably be alot dumber and have alot less entertainment...

oh yeah.... and i would have never met HB and BB.... my 2 DR1 Men that I could never ever ever forget....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Y'know, the thread title at first messed with my head - I could not for the life of me think how a webboard could impact my life? But then I started thinking of the time when we researched coming to the DR, and I was simply too damn scared to post anything on this board - for just on a year I simply read, searched and looked at information. (Newby's are lucky these days, most everybody has turned over a new leaf and been reborn in a more gentle incarnation). So, one day, I scraped up enough courage and asked if anyone could assist with renting a house. When nobody killed me, I asked about a car and Hillbilly taught me the real meaning of diddlin' - Like this --"I done diddled me a good mule". This was my first lesson in the Dominican Republic and a good lesson it was.

So yes, DR1 has had an impact on my life. I get most of the news from here (now I can read more Spanish, so newspapers are finding their way back into my life). I have met some of the best and the worst people that I've known on this board, I have shared business problems, I've ranted, learnt about power outages and how to deal with them, tried to help others with their problems, closed down Rocky's after Scott's DR1 parties (bet none of you knew that), gone car shopping with Johnny Honda, fought political fights, had my fair share of differences with moderators and done my share of newby bashing -- and generally been a part of the DR1 community. One thing about the DR1 board became clear to me and that is that I have really really benefitted from being part of this community. So, I try to give back as much as I received.