Hacienda Tropical

Jimmyb78

Jun 8, 2004
Hello all,

Two friends and I have booked into the Hacienda Tropical for the end of July for a fortnight. Does anyone have any insight on the resort...looked great on the website, so I'm hoping that's the case!

Also we're 3 single blokes, so are we likely to be surrounded by couples and kiddies? If so, any recommendations on where we should escape to??

Ta very much!

James.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
For nightlife go to Sosua, many nightclubs & bars. Voodoo Lounge was a great time & others were fun as well (D'Classico, D'Latina). I think your resort is in Cofresi which is a little further out there.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Hurricane Disco is on site but like all hotel disco's/clubs, they are usually lame. On weekends it can be busy there, but don't count on it.

If you're looking for girlies (that you have to pay for) go to La Boheme, about 10 minutes drive away. Its strip club, disco, and whorehouse all rolled into one neat little package.

If you're looking for tourist girlies, try Crazy Moon Disco in Playa Dorada, about 15-20 minute drive away.

Much more fun is Cabarete at night, a bunch of bars/restaurants on a strip on the beach, some with hip hop, some with top 40, some with house music. Very nice atmosphere and plenty of young people. But Cabarete is about 1hr drive from Cofresi.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I stayed at Hacienda Gardens this weekend, and it was great! Hacienda Tropical is the higher version of the same hotel. I will be going back.

I also stopped by to visit Conchman at Ocean World, but he was not there.

Jimmyb78

Jun 8, 2004
Cheers guys, will take it under advice!

So is Sousa a little closer to Cofresi? Also what time does everything go onto here? Is it an all night bar scene...or does everyone sneak off to bed around 2am?

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Jimmyb78 said:
Cheers guys, will take it under advice!

So is Sousa a little closer to Cofresi? Also what time does everything go onto here? Is it an all night bar scene...or does everyone sneak off to bed around 2am?
when i was in sosua there were as many people on the streets at 4am as there were at 4pm.