Good Chinese restaurant in POP?

FloridaHick

May 25, 2004
I was wondering if there is a good Chinese restaurant in the Puerto Plata area?
I will be there in a few days and I may decide I want to have some chinese for supper one night.

I know this is a strange request but I once found the best sushi I have ever had in a restaurant in the airport at Caracas Ven. .I have also found a good thai place on Margarita Island Venezuela.

Thanks.

mami

Mar 16, 2004
???

i don't know but i went to a chinese restaurant in santo domingo and i couldn't get used to the fact a the waiter was dominican.

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
mami said:
i don't know but i went to a chinese restaurant in santo domingo and i couldn't get used to the fact a the waiter was dominican.

There's the Wen Yen chinese restaurant in POP. Good food and the price is very economical too. It's situated just down the road from the new Palacio de Justicia. Eat in or carry out.

For Sushi the restaurant outside Hemingways in the Playa Dorada Plaza has a decent selection of Sushi and amazingly enough the prices aren't so bad either. Can't remember the restaurants name and its just down stairs from my office but I'm too lazy to go and look...Arcoiris comes to mind. They do carry outs as well.

Maggie

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Well the Japanese make sushi, so why would you want to know of a good Chinese restaurant?

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
NY1 said:
Well the Japanese make sushi, so why would you want to know of a good Chinese restaurant?

I did think the same thing...however I thought it would be more helpful to give a useful answer to the question. FYI...there are a number of combined chinese/sushi restaurants in the capital so it's not an uncommon thing to have japonese / chinese / thai food served in the same restaurant

FloridaHick

May 25, 2004
NY1 said:
I had not.I just added that for example i had found a sushi place in a latin country so asking about a chinese place in POP was not tha strange.

mamita

Aug 22, 2003
Chinese Restaurant

Wen Yen... is where I think I went..?? It was an orange building??? Im not certain on the name....but it's an orange building..thats what I do know...jaja I liked it there! It was good!

FloridaHick

May 25, 2004
mamita said:
Wen Yen... is where I think I went..?? It was an orange building??? Im not certain on the name....but it's an orange building..thats what I do know...jaja I liked it there! It was good!
Thanks all I get grumpy If I don't have some chinese at least once a week. :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
mamita said:

Orange & GREEN are the colours ..... YUK!!!! The street is called Luis Ginebra & as MaggieMay (Hi there Maggie - nice to see you on line again!!) so rightly says, it is just down the road towards Puerto Plata town from the new Judical courts. Furniture & decor is a bit basic but for good food at reasonable prices, who the heck cares??

Where are you staying in PoP? If you are in Playa Dorada, there is also the Chinese Restaurant alongside the Dorada Villas Hotel (unless they have closed it now). Can't attest to their prices though as being in Playa Dorada complex I have never been because I don't like paying Tourist prices! - Grahame.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks you guys have now made me hungary for wen yen and will have to break my diet - oh well off to get some pollo agridulce yummmmmmmmmmmy