Brazilian girls vs. Dominican girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
I would like to know which girls are better for romancing, marriage or just simple friendship. I've met lots of interesting and really nice girls from Brazil on the net. I have chatted with them and talked to them on the phone or web cam. It seems to me Brazilian girls are VERY special compared to american girls. Brazilian girls seem to be really sweet and educated while american girls are rude most of the time and they're very immature as well as arrogant. Regarding Dominican girls, I don't know much. I've used Amigos.com and Latin Affairs to meet some of them. In my opinion, Latin Affairs is a scam and the prettiest girls are not interested in meeting anyone. My experience with Latin Affairs was awful, both with the girls and the poor customer service. Amigos.com is better but none of the Dominican girls that I met were interesting or good looking. I have met tons of sweet, educated, beautiful Brazilian girls using similar services and while I would like to visit/move to the DR because I'm a native Spanish language speaker, I don't know if I'm taking the right decision. Also, I have heard most Dominican girls are loud and rude like american girls. Please advice. *Please note I'm looking for a girlfriend or a wife. I'm not looking for prostitutes like many foreigners that go to the Dominican Republic.

Last edited:

cyber2003

Dec 26, 2003
Right!

Having lived in both countries I have come to the same conclusion. Brazilian girls are more educated, honest, romantic, sweet, etc. than Dominican girls.

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
cyber2003 said:
Having lived in both countries I have come to the same conclusion. Brazilian girls are more educated, honest, romantic, sweet, etc. than Dominican girls.

:surprised :surprised :surprised Really??? Thanks for the info.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
The majority of brazilian girls might be more educated than dominican girls; that is probably true. But I don't know if the other things you have said would apply. Dominican girls are definitely not "loud" compared to brazilian girls - it really depends on the individual.

You may find a better quality of girl online simply because they have more people in brazil online than the DR. Its also a much bigger country.

santiagotrav said:
I would like to know which girls are better for romancing, marriage or just simple friendship. I've met lots of interesting and really nice girls from Brazil on the net. I have chatted with them and talked to them on the phone or web cam. It seems to me Brazilian girls are VERY special compared to american girls. Brazilian girls seem to be really sweet and educated while american girls are rude most of the time and they're very immature as well as arrogant. Regarding Dominican girls, I don't know much. I've used Amigos.com and Latin Affairs to meet some of them. Latin Affairs is a scam and the prettiest girls are not interested in meeting anyone. My experience with Latin Affairs was awful, both with the girls and the poor customer service. Amigos.com is better but none of the Dominican girls that I met were interesting or good looking. I have met tons of sweet, educated, beautiful Brazilian girls using similar services and while I would like to visit/move to the DR because I'm a native Spanish language speaker, I don't know if I'm taking the right decision. Also, I have heard most Dominican girls are loud and rude like american girls. Please advice. *Please note I'm looking for a girlfriend or a wife. I'm not looking for prostitutes like many foreigners that go to the DR.

Latin affairs have decent women on their site, if you had problems getting in touch with women, maybe they didnt like you??! (no offence) Maybe you tried to contact women already seeing someone?

I have used latin affairs myself, and i was surprised over the great help i recived from them.. They answered all of my questions, and mr Mertes was there for me 24/7, if i needed anything when i was seeing different serious and beautiful women.

I cant see how you can blame Latin affairs for not beeing able to give you a wife.... You must remember, these women also have feelings, love must go both ways. They have also an great possibility for men to post their photo and data.. Why dont you try that instead of calling latinaffairs a scam?

I know of persons who have used latin affairs with sucsess, these people are today happily married.
-------------------
When it comes to Brasilian women, a friend of mine who works in Rio De Janeiro told me that the women are very nice. He has been there for 7years so i bet he knows what hes talking about. He told me if i was in need for a woman go to a disco called "HELP".. Hehe (i can hear some people on this board laughing already).. Good Luck Santiagotrav :classic:

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Been to both countries....

visited several different towns in both countries..... hands down, Brasilian girls win in many ways. Not even a comparison. Too many options.

And this does not include the Help/Meia Pataca/termas girls in Rio (for those that know). There are plenty of regular nice girls there who aren't involved in that scene.

Sao Paolo alone is a city of 18 million people, 1/2 of which are women, of course. That's just one city of several other large cities in the country.

I wouldn't move to any country to "meet" someone. But Brasil is a much larger country with many beautiful, "total package" women available.

backdoc1

Jun 10, 2004
Reply to Mr. Santiago re:Brazil v Dominican Women

Dear Mr. Santiago:

I have personal experience with Latinaffairs and wish to take exception to your comments. I went down to the DR to meet Domincan women in March.The service rendered by Latinaffairs was impeccable from meeting at the airport to contacting the women to meeting the women to translating as necessary to even lending me a car when I needed it to reservations at local restaurants to picking up my dates to dropping them off even to putting them up at the owner's home for a nite. I have also visited Colombia 5 times to an agency there and can easily compare the services. Latinaffairs is far and away superior. Can you please be very specific? First you write that you don't know too much about Dominican women, then you write that latinaffairs is a scam. I can safely vouch that the pretty women do in fact want to meet american men (by the way I definitely agree with you about American women). I have met several and in fact have a lovely Dominincan woman as a girlfriend. Dominican women are loyal, beautiful ( I will tell you that unfortunately the pictures of the dominican women frequently do not do them justice, my girlfriend was not actually one of my first choices but in person was much more attractive then the pix and sometimes the pix were more attractive than the person).
I am planning to move to the DR and one big advantage of course is that it takes only 3 hours to get there (from NY) but to Brazil it takes all day. Brazilian women are definitely attactive, however I have a friend who recently married a Colombian and had been married to a BRazilian for only six months when she really began to take him for a ride.
Trust me that you will succeed by going through Latinaffairs directly down in the DR, and you can find a beautiful sexy Domincan for your wife there. I know as I have been there now two more times since March.
I am happy to assist you, just let me know, or call Mr. Mieter's the owner of Latinaffairs at 809-257-3840 as he would be most helpful.
I also am happy to speak to you if you like

santiagotrav said:
I would like to know which girls are better for romancing, marriage or just simple friendship. I've met lots of interesting and really nice girls from Brazil on the net. I have chatted with them and talked to them on the phone or web cam. It seems to me Brazilian girls are VERY special compared to american girls. Brazilian girls seem to be really sweet and educated while american girls are rude most of the time and they're very immature as well as arrogant. Regarding Dominican girls, I don't know much. I've used Amigos.com and Latin Affairs to meet some of them. Latin Affairs is a scam and the prettiest girls are not interested in meeting anyone. My experience with Latin Affairs was awful, both with the girls and the poor customer service. Amigos.com is better but none of the Dominican girls that I met were interesting or good looking. I have met tons of sweet, educated, beautiful Brazilian girls using similar services and while I would like to visit/move to the DR because I'm a native Spanish language speaker, I don't know if I'm taking the right decision. Also, I have heard most Dominican girls are loud and rude like american girls. Please advice. *Please note I'm looking for a girlfriend or a wife. I'm not looking for prostitutes like many foreigners that go to the DR.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Take these services for what they are worth. They are all out to make money and so are the women that subscribe to them. Otherwise they would not target foreignors. How much can you have in common when you need a translator?????

If you want to find a wife or girlfriend, pack your bags, by a ticket, fly where ever you want, and start a life. Many times these mix matched marriages can not over come the cultural differences.

For those of you that think it is insane to simply leave the US, well there are alot of crazy ex pats.

I went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. I missed my return flight. I was there for 5 years. Then I picked up and moved to the DR. I've been here just over a year so far.

Many people have lost their sense of adventure. If everyone was like that, America would have never been formed.

Leave the rat race behind. Be prepared for culture shock. It is not for the nervious people that is for sure.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
gringo in dr said:
I went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. I missed my return flight. I was there for 5 years. Then I picked up and moved to the DR. I've been here just over a year so far.

Many people have lost their sense of adventure. If everyone was like that, America would have never been formed.

Leave the rat race behind. Be prepared for culture shock. It is not for the nervious people that is for sure.

I wish I had the gonads to do something like that.

Not DR related : how was Costa Rica?

DR related: where are you living in the DR?

Larry

Wannago

May 27, 2004
gringo in dr said:
For those of you that think it is insane to simply leave the US, well there are alot of crazy ex pats.

My sense of adventure is coming back after a long hiatus. I don't know if I would ever be quite that adventurous, though I have entertained the thought quite frequently. I was so tempted to miss my plane on the trip back from the D.R. , but alas, my obligations at home pulled me back.

How difficult did you find it to leave all behind? And, congrats for doing so.

deb

diego

Aug 16, 2003
I am the Owner of Latin Affairs
I have been insulted by more intelligent People in the past and normally do not take any Comments against me personally. Calling my Business a Scam is calling me a Scammer and that would be Slander.
Insulting my Wife (I have heard most Dominican girls are loud and rude) is a different thing all together.
Since it is a Holiday today I have to wait until tomorrow to contact my Lawyer and get his advice on this.
Latin Affairs started in 1999 and there have been over 100 Engagements and Weddings? to loud and rude Dominican girls, including many Members of this Board
Maybe the problem with you not being able to find a girl is on your site?
What did you say? ??I have met tons of sweet, educated, beautiful Brazilian girls??
And not one of the Tons wanted anything to do with you? Go figure.
Good Luck to you

Diego

santiagotrav said:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hmm.. do you know much about the law?

Defamation is called libel when its written; slander is spoken. So nobody has slandered your business; you could claim libel.

However your business is available to the public, therefore it may be close to impossible to take legal action; as a public business you'll have to prove malicious intent, which was probably not the case and people generally don't win these. Aside from the fact that he's in the US and you're in the DR.

Do you normally respond to customer service complaints by threatening legal action? Or do you prefer to address people's concerns, then offer discounts and other incentives to those people to come back, so that people say nice things about your service?

The complaint seemed pretty honest and legit to me. If I cared about the business as much as you seem to, I'd be listening really hard and making sure the guy was happy. Its not that hard.

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Now this is stupid. And some of you guys defend this guy?

If I'm correct, the original poster asked for advice about a comparision between women of two different countries. He did mention a bad experience about a certain website.

Now the owner of the website is talking about legal action against what???? And you guys are defending him????

Really stupid, considering it was only his opinion and a request for advice on a public message board site. Talk about an over-reaction :surprised !!!!

diego said:
I am the Owner of Latin Affairs
I have been insulted by more intelligent People in the past and normally do not take any Comments against me personally. Calling my Business a Scam is calling me a Scammer and that would be Slander.
Insulting my Wife (I have heard most Dominican girls are loud and rude) is a different thing all together.
Since it is a Holiday today I have to wait until tomorrow to contact my Lawyer and get his advice on this.
Latin Affairs started in 1999 and there have been over 100 Engagements and Weddings? to loud and rude Dominican girls, including many Members of this Board
Maybe the problem with you not being able to find a girl is on your site?
What did you say? ??I have met tons of sweet, educated, beautiful Brazilian girls??
And not one of the Tons wanted anything to do with you? Go figure.
Good Luck to you

Diego

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Larry said:
I wish I had the gonads to do something like that.

Not DR related : how was Costa Rica?

DR related: where are you living in the DR?

Larry

Coming from New England, Costa Rica has near perfect weather. It stays around 75 during the day and 65 during the night all year round. I would say the temp difference between July and Jan is around 3 - 5 degrees at most. This is in the central valley. The beaches, it gets hot, very hot.

You have to deal with the rainy season. That starts in April or May and goes straight on through to dec. The good part is everyday starts off sunny with a clear blue sky. Then it rains all afternoon. By night time it normally stops.

The people are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. At the same time there are the type of people that will steal from you anyway they can.

When I first got to CR it was very peaceful. By the time I left crime was way out of control. Most of the crime is caused by niguarians (sp) and columbians. CR is like disney world for thieves of neighboring countries. CR has no military. I'm sad to say that everyone I personally know living in CR, including myself, has been robbed. My place was cleaned out. I have one friend that was car jacked twice, 4 guys with shotguns. They will take your cell phone and tell you to call them so they can make a deal to sell it back to you. Normal cost is 1,000,000 colones. That's about $2,400.

Anytime you goto the bank you have to be very alert. If you are taking any decent amount of currency, as little as $1,000 USD. Normal problems are guys that hang out in the banks running transactions for many clients. They will radio friends outside with the details of you car so they can follow you. Bank tellers when they leave to get approval can call friends and do the same.

Right now there is simply too much crime.

The government has seen this trend over the past 10 years and is trying to get rid of all foreignors. This includes the gringos. They randomly go to bars, clubs, beaches and start checking papers. Even if you have your passport and are legal you might spend time in jail. This has happened to gringos that were there for a week on vacation. They were taken right out of the hotel's bar. Of course they were let go after a couple of days but the point is to harass people.

If you have over stayed your 90 day tourist visa, they have the right to stamp your passport as such. You are banned from CR for 10 years. It doesn't matter if you have a house, business, car there, too bad.

Alot of the freedoms that people more offshore for have been taken away in CR. Every friday and saturday night, you will have to pass through several police check points if you go out. If you don't have all your papers they take your car and you goto the pen. Like most latin countries, if your car gets impounded, good luck. Impound lot must translate to free parts for the cops in spanish. You won't want what's left of it after only two days. If it was a rental, I hope you took the extra insurance.

The government strongly surpresses this stuff from reaching the press. You can guess why.

After all that, I still love the place. But right now is not the time to live there.

On a good note, the colone devalues at a steady rate of 1% per month. Power is NEVER out. But it takes about 2 years on the waiting list to get a phone at your house.

As for the DR, I'm in Santiago.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
So darn true!!!!!!!!!!

adrianb said:
Hmm.. do you know much about the law?

Defamation is called libel when its written; slander is spoken. So nobody has slandered your business; you could claim libel.

However your business is available to the public, therefore it may be close to impossible to take legal action; as a public business you'll have to prove malicious intent, which was probably not the case and people generally don't win these. Aside from the fact that he's in the US and you're in the DR.

Do you normally respond to customer service complaints by threatening legal action? Or do you prefer to address people's concerns, then offer discounts and other incentives to those people to come back, so that people say nice things about your service?

The complaint seemed pretty honest and legit to me. If I cared about the business as much as you seem to, I'd be listening really hard and making sure the guy was happy. Its not that hard.
I truly can not agree with you more. The guy was not happy with your service, he can voice his opinons left and right if he likes. Instead of you threatening to sue the guy, why don't you just give him a call and see why he is so unhappy with your service. By doing that, maybe he can point to you something that you have not seen and then you can fix.
So you are willing to tell me and all the other posters on this site that if we ever use your agency and do not like the service and we voice it, that you will sue us?. You just did your business a dis-service, believe it or not!!!!!!!!!

Thread related:
Dominicans hands down. Althought a percicular Brasilera was very nice too.

Last edited:

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
gringo in dr said:
Coming from New England, Costa Rica has near perfect weather. It stays around 75 during the day and 65 during the night all year round. I would say the temp difference between July and Jan is around 3 - 5 degrees at most. This is in the central valley. The beaches, it gets hot, very hot.

You have to deal with the rainy season. That starts in April or May and goes straight on through to dec. The good part is everyday starts off sunny with a clear blue sky. Then it rains all afternoon. By night time it normally stops.

The people are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. At the same time there are the type of people that will steal from you anyway they can.

When I first got to CR it was very peaceful. By the time I left crime was way out of control. Most of the crime is caused by niguarians (sp) and columbians. CR is like disney world for thieves of neighboring countries. CR has no military. I'm sad to say that everyone I personally know living in CR, including myself, has been robbed. My place was cleaned out. I have one friend that was car jacked twice, 4 guys with shotguns. They will take your cell phone and tell you to call them so they can make a deal to sell it back to you. Normal cost is 1,000,000 colones. That's about $2,400.

Anytime you goto the bank you have to be very alert. If you are taking any decent amount of currency, as little as $1,000 USD. Normal problems are guys that hang out in the banks running transactions for many clients. They will radio friends outside with the details of you car so they can follow you. Bank tellers when they leave to get approval can call friends and do the same.

Right now there is simply too much crime.

The government has seen this trend over the past 10 years and is trying to get rid of all foreignors. This includes the gringos. They randomly go to bars, clubs, beaches and start checking papers. Even if you have your passport and are legal you might spend time in jail. This has happened to gringos that were there for a week on vacation. They were taken right out of the hotel's bar. Of course they were let go after a couple of days but the point is to harass people.

If you have over stayed your 90 day tourist visa, they have the right to stamp your passport as such. You are banned from CR for 10 years. It doesn't matter if you have a house, business, car there, too bad.

Alot of the freedoms that people more offshore for have been taken away in CR. Every friday and saturday night, you will have to pass through several police check points if you go out. If you don't have all your papers they take your car and you goto the pen. Like most latin countries, if your car gets impounded, good luck. Impound lot must translate to free parts for the cops in spanish. You won't want what's left of it after only two days. If it was a rental, I hope you took the extra insurance.

The government strongly surpresses this stuff from reaching the press. You can guess why.

After all that, I still love the place. But right now is not the time to live there.

On a good note, the colone devalues at a steady rate of 1% per month. Power is NEVER out. But it takes about 2 years on the waiting list to get a phone at your house.

As for the DR, I'm in Santiago.

You must have visited a "different" CR than the one I vacation in each January, NONE of the problems you suggest have ever been witnessed in the last 13 visits

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Wannago said:
My sense of adventure is coming back after a long hiatus. I don't know if I would ever be quite that adventurous, though I have entertained the thought quite frequently. I was so tempted to miss my plane on the trip back from the D.R. , but alas, my obligations at home pulled me back.

How difficult did you find it to leave all behind? And, congrats for doing so.

deb

The first few months I felt like I was trapped. I felt like everything familiar to me was thousands of miles away. That passed as I built my new life.

At first when I would talk to friends in the states, they would ask, "when are you coming home?" I would answer, "I am." It seemed so alien to them to live "outside" the US. Since then, one of my friends has been steadily saving up to move offshore. Another has been tossing the idea around but something is still holding him back. Something that is really only in his head.

It's not for everyone. But everyone should at least give it a shot once in their life. Living the rat race for 45 or so years to do what? Come on, get out there and live.

There was a story in the CR papers one time about a couple that lived in Seatle. They had two luxary cars, a big house with a mortgage, high paying jobs. While they were doing very well, they felt like they were lacking something.

The decided to sell most of what they owned and move to CR. They shipped a bunch of stuff including a jeep. Most of it got stolen on the way to them. That was a small bump in the road but then they realized they didn't "need" that stuff. They bought some land on a mountain. They started growing their own food. Used a paddle wheel generator in a river they had on their land for power. They lived the simple life. In the end after a few years, they were very happy with their choice. They said the best part of it all was they had no bills. None. No phone bill, no cell phone bills, no internet bills, no light bills, no water bill, no taxes, nothing.

Can anyone imagine not having any monthly bills? Sounds very liberating to me. Personally that is the direction I'm headed in. Give me 10 years or so. Back to the simple life.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
miguel said:
I truly can not agree with you more. The guy was not happy with your service, he can voice his opinons left and right if he likes. Instead of you threatening to sue the guy, why don't you just give him a call and see why he is so unhappy with your service. By doing that, maybe he can point to you something that you have not seen and then you can fix.
So you are willing to tell me and all the other posters on this site that if we ever use your agency and do not like the service and we voice it, that you will sue us?. You just did your business a dis-service, believe it or not!!!!!!!!!

Thread related:
Dominicans hands down. Althought a percicular Brasilera was very nice too.

Miguel - I'm biting my tongue on you final comment. I know there are eyes on you. If there weren't, I'd invite you down. You'd probably be like every other guy who goes there and loses their freakin' mind. Can you say goldmine? or jackpot???? :p :p :p

If I ever needed a match-making service, or had to recommend one to someone, after this owner's threats, there's no way I'd recommend Latin Affairs now. Why? Try it and get threatened with legal action???

Where are his defenders now? Great business man indeed.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
gringo in dr said:
They lived the simple life. In the end after a few years, they were very happy with their choice. They said the best part of it all was they had no bills. None. No phone bill, no cell phone bills, no internet bills, no light bills, no water bill, no taxes, nothing.

Can anyone imagine not having any monthly bills? Sounds very liberating to me. Personally that is the direction I'm headed in. Give me 10 years or so. Back to the simple life.

I could be happy living a "simple life" but not that simple. I need internet access, cable tv and a phone(maybe). Saying "no bills" is a bit of an exaggeration dont you think? I'll bet the couple you described had at least a couple of hundred thou to fall back on.

I am sure there are many people who post and lurk here ( myself included), who would love to pick up and lead the type of liberating lifestyle you describe. However, money is always the problem. Its always, "well, how much do I NEED" or "well, If I can get my hands on another 50K then maybe...". There are always SOME bills and there has to be money to pay them. Unfortunately.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.