Presidente Beer

jimbo1965

Jun 10, 2004
Does any person know where I can get some Presidente beer in Milwaukee? I called my local beer depot and they told me there is no distribuotors in Wisconsin.

Thanks

Wannago

May 27, 2004
jimbo1965 said:
Does any person know where I can get some Presidente beer in Milwaukee? I called my local beer depot and they told me there is no distribuotors in Wisconsin.

Thanks

Oh yea! That tasted great in the D.R.
I'm in WI and also looking... I'll let you know if I am able to get some.
Good luck.

deb

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
jimbo1965 said:

Thanks

Any decent liquor store should be able to get some for you. There is a US Importer and it is available. Heck, we have it here in our little town in Illinois-it just doesn't taste quite as good. (Milwaukee, the "city that made beer famous" maybe has blacklisted imports...)???

ddtjman

Jun 5, 2004
I tried Presedente when I was in Puerta Plata 6 months ago and loved it (probably one of the better tasting beers I've tried in some time), I plan on drinking some this weekend in S.Domingo.

jimbo1965

Jun 10, 2004
appleman said:
Any decent liquor store should be able to get some for you. There is a US Importer and it is available. Heck, we have it here in our little town in Illinois-it just doesn't taste quite as good. (Milwaukee, the "city that made beer famous" maybe has blacklisted imports...)???

I guess there is no decent liquor store in Milwaukee as I was told by dozens that they cannot get it (some never heard of it-- imagine that!). Does any no of any online place I could order some?

Thanks

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
jimbo1965

jimbo1965 said:
I guess there is no decent liquor store in Milwaukee as I was told by dozens that they cannot get it (some never heard of it-- imagine that!). Does any no of any online place I could order some?

Thanks

If you want, I can give you the name and phone number of the store where I buy it here in north central IL. I'm sure they would be happy to take your order and ship it to you.

Bob H.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Bohemia

I heard it from a neighbor who's associated with one of the great distilleries here. He mentioned that Bohemia Especial was a much better beer than Presidente and even cost more to make. It's underpromoted vis a vis Presidente. Bohemia is priced cheaper than Presidente. It has a more full bodied flavor. I would never go back to Presidente, unless that's the only beer in the premises.

Mirador

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Read The Labels!!!!

If any of you guys would have read the labels on those suppose "Presidente" beers, there is a brand that is brewed in Mexico!! Maybe that is why it doesn't taste as the one from the DR!!!

Look for the sign that says "Imported from the Dominican Republic" and that it's brewed in the DR, otherwise its a bad copy of Presidente.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
What happend to Slitz.....The Beer that made Milwaukee famous?

jimbo1965 said:

Thanks

You know what they say, When your out of Slitz....Your out of Beer!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Along the same lines of beer taste, is there any customs prohibitions from bringing back Presidente from the RD? I'd be interested in bringing back either a 6 or 12 pack, for my special consumption only.

I agree, it tastes so much better there, than what is distributed here in the US. It's more than just the environment change. It's a damn good beer.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
We just brought back a 6 pack of grandes. no one batted an eye. also brought back about 6 bottles of rum and a bunch of coffee.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Beer Quality

Mirador said:
I heard it from a neighbor who's associated with one of the great distilleries here. He mentioned that Bohemia Especial was a much better beer than Presidente and even cost more to make. It's underpromoted vis a vis Presidente. Bohemia is priced cheaper than Presidente. It has a more full bodied flavor. I would never go back to Presidente, unless that's the only beer in the premises.

Mirador

A few years ago I came across two Germans who were on an assignment with the brewery where "Preisidente" is made.
After talking to them I gave the remaining bottles to my gardener and switched to Bohemia Especial.

mountainfrog

Wannago

May 27, 2004
mountainfrog said:
A few years ago I came across two Germans who were on an assignment with the brewery where "Preisidente" is made.
After talking to them I gave the remaining bottles to my gardener and switched to Bohemia Especial.

mountainfrog

Well, since I have a little Bohemian in me, I'll give it a try next time I'm in the D.R. No promises tho. El Presidente tasted pretty good down there on the beach.

jimbo1965

Jun 10, 2004
appleman said:
If you want, I can give you the name and phone number of the store where I buy it here in north central IL. I'm sure they would be happy to take your order and ship it to you.

Bob H.

Please email or PM me the information. Thanks much.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Up until about a year ago.......

........I had one store in Minneapolis that sold it. They said that their distributor stopped carrying it due to lack of sales. Go figure.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Presidente hit relaly popular in minneapolis alot of people stocked up on it when it first came out the stores were buying left and right and then low and behold did not have the buyers so it went bad.
I have been trying to convince Surdyks and a Ken and NOrms in south minneapolis to try and convince their suppliers and get it again but in smaller quanties to keep some of us happy.

Last time my dad bought presidente in Minneapolis he bought 2 cases the fridge in the basement looked like a colmado.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm shocked!!!

Considering how extensive Presidente advertises in the DR, didn't they advertised in the US?

Why the failures outside of Dominican neighborhoods?

They need to advertise. I know that when a company is successful they feel as if they own the world, but the world still turns ON ITS OWN AXIS.

Presidente needs more advertisement to spike curiousity in the Americans to go out and try it. After all, I have seen tons of adds for the new Mexican beer branded XX (dos X).

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Hmmm, lets see...

Camden Tom said:
........I had one store in Minneapolis that sold it. They said that their distributor stopped carrying it due to lack of sales. Go figure.

Minnesota doesn't have it, Wisconsin doesn't have it, but Illinois does. Could this be the start of my new business? "Presidente Unlimited" - send me your money guys, I'll send you the brew. LOL