First trip to DR

Matthijs

Jun 9, 2004
On july 5th I'll be going to the Dominican Republic for a 16 day holiday. I just want to thank all the people on this forum for the great information on what to do and what to see. I'll be staying in Sosua and look forward to the snorkeling, eddy's bar :) and the other intresting places.

I am really looking out to seeing everything.

So for now.. thanx for the info.. and maybe i'll be seeing you in the DR.

Matthijs

Jun 9, 2004
p.s. if you have any tips besides snorkeling, climbing waterfalls, oceanworld, please feel free to post them :)

pas

Jun 7, 2004
hello

where you staying in sosua??

will be around at that time...

a must is to go taste marco's special ribs...at rocky's

greetings
pascal

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I wish I was going down for 16 days. I hope you have a good time! You can't beat Rocky's for breakfast. The Ribs are great for dinner too. Have fun!

Larry

Matthijs

Jun 9, 2004
Snorkeling straight from beach.

Does anyone know whether snorkeling is possible right from the beach. And with possible I mean is it any good? :)

Thanx in advance for any information.

londoner

Jun 21, 2004
We're flying out to Costa Dorada on 5th July! Plan to visit sosua a fair bit.

We're have to check Rocky's out.

Matthijs

Jun 9, 2004
2 more nights.

2 more nights to go and then we'll be in Sosua. We'll just miss the 4th of July bash at Rocky's but hope to stop by there anyways.

See you all there.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Yes you can snorkle right from the Beach in Sosua. Go past the Jet Ski rental and just head out. Reef is a couple a hundred meters out and is real nice to snorkle. I did that just about every day in the winter.

Scott

Matthijs

Jun 9, 2004
Looking for Rocky's

Can anyone tell me where to find Rocky's in Sosua. Asked the tour guide, but they don't know it. Will check again here.. so please reply :)

Matthijs

Jun 9, 2004
Escott.. thanx for replying.. Sorry we didn't stop by. There was so much to do.. Had a really great time and will probably be back some day.

boneil

Jul 16, 2004
Matthijs said:
On july 5th I'll be going to the Dominican Republic for a 16 day holiday. I just want to thank all the people on this forum for the great information on what to do and what to see. I'll be staying in Sosua and look forward to the snorkeling, eddy's bar :) and the other intresting places.

I am really looking out to seeing everything.

So for now.. thanx for the info.. and maybe i'll be seeing you in the DR.

I'm heading down in mid Sept.. Anybody have any info on fishing off the So shore? Are there charters available? Thanks

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Start a new thread off and you will get some replies - no one will see this question unless they click on the original thread on a different subject.

Good luck

boneil

Jul 16, 2004
tired_boy said:
Start a new thread off and you will get some replies - no one will see this question unless they click on the original thread on a different subject.

Good luck

thanks