JetBlue in STI

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
STI had a great reception for the JetBlue Flight 423 this morning........

We are very happy that our customers overseas can enjoy a safe airport close to home that can provide a fast connection between your home in the States and here in DR.

JetBlue is working very hard to provide excelent service to its clients, AA feels that is good to have competition in STI for the satisfaction of everybody.......... so it`s providing more flights at more hours to provide better pick up times to its passenger......

Continental just today changed equipment from the B-737 to the B-757 to provide better service to its customers.

North American is providing more flights a week.

Jet Blue FLight 425 is just passing over my house right now, just in time.

It`s great for everybody to have so many choices

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
you work for jetblue in DR? Do you know how they were able to handle luggage, dominican passengers and all of that? I hope everything keeps going well for Jetblue and Delta so they can stay int he market!

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
well luggage will be always a dilema for every airlines that operate to rep dom or other south america destination. i alway avoid peak season to fly, or just have my carryon with me.

Jet blue, will do good, they will learn from others company mistakes.

They just need to keept fares low's......
:rambo:
:lick:

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
I work for STI airport......
Was free last couple of days, will resume work today, catch up on everything

Jun 5, 2004
Work FOR STI? Help sti

A problem that the sti airport has is that it is missing the jetbridge and everyone has to walk and walk and walk and when its raining. I would like you ro tell me something about that k lo k arreglen eso.

Thanks Hope to get a soon response

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Regarding the Jet Bridges

The Jet Bridges are in the works...... the second level of STI as you may have seen is huge and has space prepared exactly for the jet Bridges.....

Part of the second level is almost finished for viewing positions B1 and B2 where the AA flights park (B1 is for A300-600 and B2 is for the Eagle and B737 MIA) and should be in service shortly...........

As you may know POP worked for a long time without Jet Bridges and now is a great airport having them working........ we wish to have them working soon enough, but u guys have to remember, the airport is really young and everything takes time to settle down......

The airport is working really hard to give the passengers and people that pick the passengers up the best service we can give with what we have right now........

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
STI airport is terribly uncomfortable :dead: it is so slow, everyone is sleeping there, lines all the time, stuff is stupid, this is not an airport, it is a runway with a building.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
thanks for thew comment aviastar

don`t worry, it will get better aviastar........

meanwhile u can fly POP & SDQ which are excelent airports.....

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
aviastar said:
STI airport is terribly uncomfortable :dead: it is so slow, everyone is sleeping there, lines all the time, stuff is stupid, this is not an airport, it is a runway with a building.

Man, what is your problem? YOU REALLY HAVE AN AGENDA!!!

Of the 3 major airports in RD, STI is the easiest to navigate and travel from, by far!!!!

No customs agents trying to shake you down (POP/SDQ), way fewer taxi hustlers (SDQ), more airport personnel per passenger than SDQ/POP. Lines are lines in airports, especially now here in the USA. I live in Atlanta, you really want to see an airport line? Try clearing inspections here in 20-30 mins. Not possible.

Jet bridges to STI would be a welcome addition, but Americans are lazy-minded individuals. Walk the freakin' 200 feet to the plane. Next thing, you'll want A/C in the jet bridges in this country where power is a daily issue.

Anyway, STI is a convenient airport to get in and out of with the least hassles. I've never spent more than 30 mins checking in (standing in the long-*** AA line). Nor I have spent more than 10 mins clearing customs upon arrival.

STIOP - I welcome the updates on STI. Please keep us posted.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is no doubt in my mind

That the STI airport will become the second busiest airport in the country in a few year's time.

Even now, pax from Santo Domingo prefer to come into Santiago since for them, it is overall faster than arriving at SDQ!!

As has been attested to already: 10 minutes and out the door. An hour and 15 minute ride to Santo Domingo and they are home! No hassles. S!it, it takes sometimes an hour just to get out of the SDQ Customs area! And then that LOVELY drive into Santo Domingo proper.

No thanks. Santiago is a large part of the future of Dominican air travel..

HB

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
hillybilly

right, all toursts will flyto STI instead of P Cana, this is the only way to make your dream come true, to transform it to the 2nd busiest airport. :eek:

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
obviously Mr Aviastar has a lot of things against everything that`s not AA and against STI.... No problem!!!!

AA has the most flights in STI and represents the most traffic in our terminal......

Today the flights were packed all around with AA, but the people that are trying JetBlue out are really enjoying there precense here..........

Talked to some of the ramp guys...... A320 more cargo space than B-737-800 according to what they saw of the A320.

so maybe the baggage issue is not going to be a bummer after all..
Greetings to everybody Happy Flying

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
aviastar said:

I agree on the part of it being a runway with a building. Things will get better though. They are in the works.

I don't agree o the part that it is dead and slow. NEVER in my life had I cleared customs so quickly when going to the d.r. (pop or sdq). Last december during HIGH season I was out of customs in 20 MINUTES. No one hassled me or asked me for money. Pero yo como soy un buen samaritano le regale algo al inspector (que no me abrio las maletas) y al maletero. They didn't ask. I gave.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
when I arrive to PUJ from Europe there is no customs at all, immigration officers do not check apssports, they just seal it without even checking it. The time I am outside of the terminal after the plane stopped in PUJ is normally 10 minutes maximum.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
aviastar said:
when I arrive to PUJ from Europe there is no customs at all, immigration officers do not check apssports, they just seal it without even checking it. The time I am outside of the terminal after the plane stopped in PUJ is normally 10 minutes maximum.

We are not talking about PUJ here though. We are talking about STI. Remember. :classic:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
right, that is why i consider STI horrible airport, and of course I understand that this is not a country to build terminal like in Honk Kong, we don't even have electricity here, but STI needs style!