Shoot out in Puerto Plata - Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
My guard and I got caught up in the middle of a large shoot out in Puerto Plata near the docks yesterday afternoon, we turned a corner and suddenly people were shooting across our car, because of the incident in my house I'm very thankful I got this man, it was head down and out fast. It involved about 2 blocks with police on 1 side and some guys on the other shooting at each other with all sorts of large firearms. Does anyone know what this was about?? :ermm:

S

Stephen

Power

It was all related to a demonstration regarding the lights/power. That area is one that always has problems with these demonstrations. There was also another one near bario Neuva.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Stephen said:
It was all related to a demonstration regarding the lights/power. That area is one that always has problems with these demonstrations. There was also another one near bario Neuva.
Sounds like the daily routine...... ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Ladybird said:
My guard and I got caught up in the middle of a large shoot out in Puerto Plata near the docks yesterday afternoon, we turned a corner and suddenly people were shooting across our car, because of the incident in my house I'm very thankful I got this man, it was head down and out fast. It involved about 2 blocks with police on 1 side and some guys on the other shooting at each other with all sorts of large firearms. Does anyone know what this was about?? :ermm:

Wow girl!! Do you go looking for this stuff, or does it just find you? Now I understand why you need clean knickers!!! :laugh:

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Lambada said:
Wow girl!! Do you go looking for this stuff, or does it just find you? Now I understand why you need clean knickers!!! :laugh:

I was saying this to friends last night Lambada, everyone will find this unbelievable, but these things do happen to me quite often, no matter where I am in the world, I just seem to be in the wrong place and at the wrong time. I laughed too, because it was just like driving onto a movie set. In other countries the area would have been closed to the public. Thank goodness for my guard, hes brilliant. The new knickers are still white. :p :p but still ultra baggy.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
heh...remind me not to hang out with you ladybird when i come down in july! lol! LORDY...what DO you do to find yourself in the middle of so much drama?
Just messin' wit ya.

jj :rambo:

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
jrzyguy said:
heh...remind me not to hang out with you ladybird when i come down in july! lol! LORDY...what DO you do to find yourself in the middle of so much drama?
Just messin' wit ya.

jj :rambo:

I challenge you to spend 1 week with me!!!! , just last night we had visitors at about 3.30am, but its all so surreal, do you know what I mean?? I still cant believe that situation in POP, we just turned left and suddenly coming from the middle of a pile of traffic we were in no mans land with no sign of cars and bullets flying over our heads. If you look at earlier postings last week you will see someone warned that things would get worse here after Hippos defeat, boy was that poster wise. :nervous:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hmmmm...a challenge eh? be carefull ladybird...i just might take you up on that....im hoping to get back down in july

For real tho...i admire your independant spirit.....if i had the funds i would be your neighbor

jj

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Maybe..

Ladybird said:
I was saying this to friends last night Lambada, everyone will find this unbelievable, but these things do happen to me quite often, no matter where I am in the world, I just seem to be in the wrong place and at the wrong time. I laughed too, because it was just like driving onto a movie set. In other countries the area would have been closed to the public. Thank goodness for my guard, hes brilliant. The new knickers are still white. :p :p but still ultra baggy.
You need to work on your Karma.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Ladybird said:
I challenge you to spend 1 week with me!!!! , just last night we had visitors at about 3.30am, but its all so surreal, do you know what I mean?? I still cant believe that situation in POP, we just turned left and suddenly coming from the middle of a pile of traffic we were in no mans land with no sign of cars and bullets flying over our heads. If you look at earlier postings last week you will see someone warned that things would get worse here after Hippos defeat, boy was that poster wise. :nervous:

You should have applied to be one of Hippos bodyguards or on demand go-everywhere Hippo went personal secretary. Since you always find yourself in troublesome areas but never get injured, I think that would have saved the DR from that circus of Hippo, if you know what I mean!! :smoke:

But really, let everyone know with a sign or something if you are near anywhere I'll be!! At least to give me a headsup so I can put my bullet proof vest on!! Just kidding!! :cheeky:

leggie

Jun 3, 2004
Ladybird said:

Ok I have to admit I am a little worried by this report. Does this happen often? By the blase replies, it is not good press for visitors to the POP area.

I have already booked a car and driver for a few days during my stay, where I was hoping to get away from the typical tourist trails.

On the basis of the above report (if common occurance) where would suggest avoiding?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Safe to go out?

leggie said:
Ok I have to admit I am a little worried by this report. Does this happen often? By the blase replies, it is not good press for visitors to the POP area.

I have already booked a car and driver for a few days during my stay, where I was hoping to get away from the typical tourist trails.

On the basis of the above report (if common occurance) where would suggest avoiding?

Darn right it's safe to go out. Probably safer than most cities in North America.
It's still a good idea to exercize good judgement and make sure you don't set yourself up to be a crime victim.
Ladybird, although newly arrived here, has managed to get herself in more trouble and in more precarious situations than I have in 13 years. Now y'all may think that I just sit on my butt here at Rocky's and never get out to even find any trouble, but I did own and operate a fruit and vegetable business here for 8 years, that had me up in the middle of the night, every night, carrying large amounts of cash, as the farmers don't take checques or visa cards, and I haven't come close to matching Ladybird's bad track record.
That's why I posted above about "good karma"
The impression I get reading her posts is that she is living in a battle zone, while I live in paradise.
Draw your own conclusions from all this, but rest assured that the DR is not as she describes...
Marco.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
leggie said:

I have also been in Sosua for a while. I never had any problems whatsoever. As it was said, Ladybird has this shitstorm kind of thing going on around her all the time and whats more so do people that hang out with her.

I wear nice clothes, carry plenty of money, stay out late at night, go down by the docks where she had the problem which isn't a great area anytime of day or night but I have a friend who has an office down there and haven't even ever heard of this kind of crap going on. Hell I even go out when they have national protests and all businesses are closed when you are advised NOT to travel and never had a problem.

This women has had (she claimed in posts) two cop rapists/killers hanging at her home in another thread. A friend of hers who is out of the area had her house gates smashed and her car driven into even though there was a guard in the middle of the boonies. I have email to this effect from her.

Make your own decisions. One suggestion is not to hang out with her or her friends:) Although I did one night and of course she had problems later that evening.

Go figger...
Escott,
Fearless in Sosua

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
I have never had problems

I have only a few trips down but I have never had problems. Sure I have had the normal newbie problems of the first few trips like getting over charged. I have never felt threatened. I take the normal precautions of not dressing flashy which by my redneck nature is normal. No watches, gold or so forth. Another thing for me is I never have more money on me than I am willing to lose with out worry. I have never been threatened, Never been victimized. I have made friends and showed up in shanty ghettos with a bottle of Presidente and plastic cups and hung out. No problems for me.
But I don't hang out with want to be Tony Montanas nor try to imply a level of importance above what I am.
I am just a guy relaxing in the tropics.
John

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Wait a second!!!!!!!!

Escott said:
I wear nice clothes, carry plenty of money, stay out late at night, go down by the docks where she had the problem which isn't a great area anytime of day or night but I have a friend who has an office down there and haven't even ever heard of this kind of crap going on. Hell I even go out when they have national protests and all businesses are closed when you are advised NOT to travel and never had a problem.

This women has had (she claimed in posts) two cop rapists/killers hanging at her home in another thread. A friend of hers who is out of the area had her house gates smashed and her car driven into even though there was a guard in the middle of the boonies.
Go figger...
Escott,
Fearless in Sosua
Scott, are you, in a way, trying to say that, perhaps, she is making some of these things up or exagerating it a bit?. If you are, and I am not saying that you are, you would not be alone with the sentiment!! She is making it seem like a fricking WAR ZONE. People are going to be concerned and afraid when they read her posts!!!!

frozensugar

May 1, 2004
"This women has had (she claimed in posts) two cop rapists/killers hanging at her home in another thread. A friend of hers who is out of the area had her house gates smashed and her car driven into even though there was a guard in the middle of the boonies. I have email to this effect from her."

This is some scary business Ladybird is talking about. Does anyone know the name of the thread where she is talking about the cop rapists I am having some trouble finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.