american children

mami

Mar 16, 2004
my fiance was just told by a (nosy) friend that my children could not attend Dominican schools because they are American. Is this true?

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Why? did she give a reason? never heard of that. Assuming we're talking about private schools why wouldn't they want to accept your money? Your children w/ most likely be tested so they have an idea where to place them, but that's the only obstacle I see. Are they bilingual?

mami said:
my fiance was just told by a (nosy) friend that my children could not attend Dominican schools because they are American. Is this true?

mami

Mar 16, 2004
???

his reason was because their father is an "American"(white, anglo, etc) as opposed to me being PUerto Rican? i don't get it at all. they are registered at the school. (it is and ENglish speaking school) they are not bilingual but will be taking classes this summer.

he is also saying i can be deported. i assume i can go their and apply for my papers right away.

Last edited:

mami

Mar 16, 2004
I'm Printing It Now

Anna Coniglio said:
Here mami read this it will make you feel better.

i'll take it home to read. i glanced at it and didn't see anything mention about children and school though.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Not true!!

mami said:
My nephew was born in the USA and he went to school in Santiago for years without any problems. So don't listen to the friend(ex-wife).

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Schools in DR

Im an American of German background and I went to school in the Dominican Republic for 3 years. Most of my cousins were born in the U.S. and all went to school in DR and infact they still live there.

Tell (nosey) to mind her business and to stop talking "Ple Pla"

mami

Mar 16, 2004
you have no idea!

p1atan0 said:
Im an American of German background and I went to school in the Dominican Republic for 3 years. Most of my cousins were born in the U.S. and all went to school in DR and infact they still live there.

Tell (nosey) to mind her business and to stop talking "Ple Pla"

nosey and the exwife, are saying you know we can have her deported also.

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
deported?

The Dominican Government wouldnt deport a Taliban Member if they even know how.

They have schools in Santo Domingo like St. Geroge and Carol Morgan they are both American schools.

Personnaly I went to St. George for 3 years I never heard of any problem infact I'm not a Dominican citizen nor am I a Dominican resident If that was the case all my cousins would have to become citizens or residents and they have been living in DR all their lives.

tell nosey to get her facts str8

mami

Mar 16, 2004
frustration has set in.

he got another call from his cousin today that the bank his money is in dropped the interest rates and they may go bankrupt! so now instead of me moving to dr he is going to rescue his money and come back here and chill out for a little until the country is more stable.

if that wasn't enough my sisters mortgage to buy my house fell through.

I NEED A DRINK

mami

Mar 16, 2004
not sure

Anna Coniglio said:
What bank?

i'll found out and let you know.

he said the interest rates dropped. and i guess he basically was counting on that outrageous interest rate to live?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Non of my business but if he pulls the money out does he plan on turning it to US dollars? It won't be worth much. But I'm sure you know all about that right?

Sounds like you've had a rough week mami . Have two drinks

mami

Mar 16, 2004
yup

Anna Coniglio said:
Non of my business but if he pulls the money out does he plan on turning it to US dollars? It won't be worth much. But I'm sure you know all about that right?

Sounds like you've had a rough week mami . Have two drinks

right! u.s. dollars. those 2 drinks are turning into a few.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Mami you got to be kidding or you must be joking why will you believe that kind of stupidity oh! lord what the world has come to........

What a freaking joke :mad: You should have more commonsense (MAMI)

mami

Mar 16, 2004
i know i know

ERICKXSON said:
Mami you got to be kidding or you must be joking why will you believe that kind of stupidity oh! lord what the world has come to........

What a freaking joke :mad: You should have more commonsense (MAMI)

your right. i'm waking up. and ignoring.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Mami, Im hoping that it all works out at the end. If you happen to leave after all, the only problem with the DR school system and the US is that they may have problems catching up in DR. Depending on what grade they are, the curriculum is much more advanced in DR than here in the States. I hope once they get tested that they are not put back a grade (or two).

I really hope I didnt add a drink to your stuppor... By the way, it is better that you guys find out about the money BEFORE you left rather than try to come back after. Imagine THAT nightmare!!

mami

Mar 16, 2004
nightmare is right

Talldrink said:
Mami, Im hoping that it all works out at the end. If you happen to leave after all, the only problem with the DR school system and the US is that they may have problems catching up in DR. Depending on what grade they are, the curriculum is much more advanced in DR than here in the States. I hope once they get tested that they are not put back a grade (or two).

I really hope I didnt add a drink to your stuppor... By the way, it is better that you guys find out about the money BEFORE you left rather than try to come back after. Imagine THAT nightmare!!

yeh we are not going for now. we'll just go for vacations.