Codetel Email Problems?? June 15, 04

T

TiberiusMineola

I have had a Codetel DSL account [Internet Flash] for @ 2 years. It usually, including today, works very well. I hate to use the word "perfectly" to describe Codetel! In any respect! I also have an email account, w 3 email addresees w Codetel, part of the Intnernet Flash package. Today: my Codetel DSL connecton functions perfectly; I can access any of my usual sites, w normal speed. BUT, [why is ther always a 'but' in life?], I can't access any of my 3 Codetel email accounts?? I use Windows 2000 & Outlook 2000 for email. While connected via DSL at all times, the following message eventually emanates from Outook Email: "Unable to Connect to the Server. (Account: abcdef; codetel.net.do, Error # 0x800ccc19 [in 2 cases]; error # 0x800ccc0e - in 2 cases." Has anyone else had smilar problems? Recently. Solutions? Meaning of these error #s? Siggestions? Thank you.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I couldn't get into my hotmail account via MSN Messenger this morning - I got "Couldn't find server". Was able to access it via MSN Explorer, however. Also have "Flash". Any connection?

Coastal

Jul 14, 2003
I'm having the same problem.

I also have a DSL connection and currently am not able to access my email account with Codetel. I was able to early this morning, but not now. You are not alone.....

ginger ale

May 6, 2004
We have the same problem!

TiberiusMineola said:
I have had a Codetel DSL account [Internet Flash] for @ 2 years. It usually, including today, works very well. I hate to use the word "perfectly" to describe Codetel! In any respect! I also have an email account, w 3 email addresees w Codetel, part of the Intnernet Flash package. Today: my Codetel DSL connecton functions perfectly; I can access any of my usual sites, w normal speed. BUT, [why is ther always a 'but' in life?], I can't access any of my 3 Codetel email accounts?? I use Windows 2000 & Outlook 2000 for email. While connected via DSL at all times, the following message eventually emanates from Outook Email: "Unable to Connect to the Server. (Account: abcdef; codetel.net.do, Error # 0x800ccc19 [in 2 cases]; error # 0x800ccc0e - in 2 cases." Has anyone else had smilar problems? Recently. Solutions? Meaning of these error #s? Siggestions? Thank you.
Hi, we have the same problem with our office flash. I called Verizon, they?ve been experiencing problems with all internet account systems, webmail etc...They told me they?re trying to resolve the problem and to keep trying during the day!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Well, its your own fault, for using a domincan email service when there are free services available internationally.

I strongly recommend those of you using verizon accounts switch to gmail, google's new email service.

Its not publicly available yet, but at the bottom of the page, it lets you express interest, and they will give you an account in a day or two. And set up your verizon email to forward to the google one.

Their free web-based email account is light years in front of anything else I've seen. Use that instead of verizon, and you won't have these problems. I'll pick google over verizon DR anyday. :)

T

TiberiusMineola

Local ISP?? Who? How? Verizon or Tricom?

adrianb said:
Well, its your own fault, for using a domincan email service when there are free services available internationally.

I strongly recommend those of you using verizon accounts switch to gmail, google's new email service.

Its not publicly available yet, but at the bottom of the page, it lets you express interest, and they will give you an account in a day or two. And set up your verizon email to forward to the google one.

Their free web-based email account is light years in front of anything else I've seen. Use that instead of verizon, and you won't have these problems. I'll pick google over verizon DR anyday. :)

I fear that I'm missing something here; probably a combination of ignorance & inexperience. Are you saying I [we] should continue to use Verizon - Codetel as an ISP, but not use Verizon for email; even thou the Verizon email service is included with the Internet Flash account? I have email accounts with Hotmail [free], Netzero [free], & Yahoo [paid - $20 / year]. I prefer Yahoo; I've never tried Google. Should I abandon my Verizon email account & move all of the email to Yahoo & the 2 others? Any disadvantages? Will Verizon forward my Verizon email to to Yahoo? To Google? Thank you.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
TiberiusMineola said:
I fear that I'm missing something here; probably a combination of ignorance & inexperience. Are you saying I [we] should continue to use Verizon - Codetel as an ISP, but not use Verizon for email; even thou the Verizon email service is included with the Internet Flash account? I have email accounts with Hotmail [free], Netzero [free], & Yahoo [paid - $20 / year]. I prefer Yahoo; I've never tried Google. Should I abandon my Verizon email account & move all of the email to Yahoo & the 2 others? Any disadvantages? Will Verizon forward my Verizon email to to Yahoo? To Google? Thank you.

Yes. Use verizon as a pipe to the internet, nothing more. Do NOT use their email account; it locks you into their service, since you won't want to switch email. And then you're relying on dominican calibre techs to manage your email, which is not a good idea.

I don't know if verizon forwards email, but you can certainly ask. Otherwise just check both for a while and forward everything over.

Yahoo will certainly work fine, but the google one is much better. Try it and see.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
major hacker attack

There was a major hacker attack on a company which distributes web data for Microsoft, Yahoo and others this morning. Looks like it caused major problems as well.

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
New Yahoo capacity (free)

adrianb said:

Hi,

Yahoo is now offering the same capacity as this new Google service, I received today an e-mail from Yahoo saying they extended their service : you can stock up to 100 Mb of mails, you can send up to 10 Mb in attachment and it is FREE ! I want to make clear I don't make any ad for Yahoo, it's just an info I received today and I wanted to share, as some people seem to have an e-mail problem.
I never used my Codetel/Verizon e-mail address. I ever never asked how to configurate it, as I have 2 others addresses that work fine. I admit I don't trust Verizon/Codetel for nothing. They are just my ISP, nothing else.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
El Belga said:
Hi,

Yahoo is now offering the same capacity as this new Google service, I received today an e-mail from Yahoo saying they extended their service : you can stock up to 100 Mb of mails, you can send up to 10 Mb in attachment and it is FREE !

Google offers 1 Gb, or 10 times more for free. And its a better interface.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
adrianb said:
Google offers 1 Gb, or 10 times more for free. And its a better interface.

But Google currently only offering Gmail as part of a preview release and limited test for advanced users only...

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
franco said:
But Google currently only offering Gmail as part of a preview release and limited test for advanced users only...

If you read my original post, I explained this and how to get an account anyways. I got mine in 1 day.

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
idem

franco said:
I tried several times with different email addresses, but have received nothing from them. :-(
I send my e-mail address 2 days ago ans see nothing comong from google. They offfer this as a test, I guess they won't let everybody rush on their test system...

T

TiberiusMineola

Sun., Jun 20, 04 Update - Codetel Email ? ? ?

I received an email from a Codetel supervisor, apologizing for the inconvenience of the reent DSL service interruptions, & giving tel #s to call for more service & help. A nice touch; noticed & appreciated.
Today?? The DSL service seems unusally slow; my Codetel email account will let me receive email, BUT not send email?? Anyone having the same problems? Suggestions? Thank you.
I plan to drop my Codetel email accounts & keep my Internet Flash account. Thanks for the very useful help.

T

TiberiusMineola

Credt where Credit is Due - VERIZON - Codetel - Hooray!!

I've had numerous problems with Codeteld during the 8 years I've bben fortunate enough to live here. But, . . . Codetel's high level [in my judgment] of DSL service has returned to normal; for perhaps 3 - 4 weeks now. Considering that this is literally a 3rd World country [water, electricity, roads, garbage, corruption], I think that Verizon DR, formerly Codetel, deserves a pat on the back.