Coconut Palms in December

NadiGisele

Jun 9, 2004
My family and I will be staying at the Coconut Palms this December. From what I have read here and other places, it is a decent place to stay. We are just having a problem with Airline tickets. We are coming from Oregon/California and cannot get a ticket less than $1000 USD into POP. We can go for cheaper into the SD but it's a 4 hour drive to the hotel and we have never been to DR before and are unsure of the driving conditions.
Any suggestions would be grateful!
Thanks,
Nadi

Betty Boop

Jun 11, 2004
NadiGisele said:
My family and I will be staying at the Coconut Palms this December. From what I have read here and other places, it is a decent place to stay. We are just having a problem with Airline tickets. We are coming from Oregon/California and cannot get a ticket less than $1000 USD into POP. We can go for cheaper into the SD but it's a 4 hour drive to the hotel and we have never been to DR before and are unsure of the driving conditions.
Any suggestions would be grateful!
Thanks,
Nadi

Try going to The QIXO website. Prices right now are running about $700 flying into POP and leaving out of the Portland airport.

Last edited:

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Have you tried any of the charter alirlines? They usually don't start publishing their fares until about August, though.

We stayed at the Coconut Palms a few years ago. As you say, it is decent. Quiet, not a lot of activities, but then I like that. They have free shuttles to both Sosua and Cabarete. If we missed the shuttle or didn't feel like waiting, we would just take a taxi.

If you have any questions about the place, I would be happy to reply, though my info might be a bit out of date.

One thing I would not advise is signing up for their meal plan. It is rather expensive and we tended to have lunch and dinner in Cabarete most days.

Rose