Horseback riding and Sushi/Thai food

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Dawnwil, my daughter and myself went for a 2 hour evening beach ride in Cabarete the other night and it was great! Gypsy Ranch on the Road to Cabarete from Sosua was fabulous, the horses were GREAT and the ride was GREAT!

We then went to "IZAKAYA" @ the residencia dominicana hotel - procab, Cabarete for Dinner and that was GREAT also. Dori is a great host and a great chef. I had all sorts of Sushi and a Chicken Curry dish cooked to my order (heat of curry) and I love every drop of it. This place is definately a keeper and I will eat there every week for sure and urge you to try it if you like tasty food. 571-0980 for reservations.

Escott

Escott

You always find the good ones, you can take us there next time down and I'll even let you pay the tab.

? <font size="1"><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="5"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Hey!

I thought I was posting this review. The horsey part at least.

What he said was true, and, I admit, more to the point than my review would have been. I might have told stories about Escott teaching his horse war tactics, becoming a human cinch, and ... well, there's more. But what's the point. No one wants to hear the details, right?

The horses were the nicest I've ridden anywhere on a rental 'trail ride'. They were responsive, mannerly, and eager to fly along the beach.

btw, my horse was the BEST; she showed her heels to all challengers. hee.

I second every delicious comment on Dori and his restaurant. yum.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
dawnwil said:
I thought I was posting this review. The horsey part at least.

What he said was true, and, I admit, more to the point than my review would have been. I might have told stories about Escott teaching his horse war tactics, becoming a human cinch, and ... well, there's more. But what's the point. No one wants to hear the details, right?

The horses were the nicest I've ridden anywhere on a rental 'trail ride'. They were responsive, mannerly, and eager to fly along the beach.

btw, my horse was the BEST; she showed her heels to all challengers. hee.

I second every delicious comment on Dori and his restaurant. yum.

Hey! Give me more details on the horsey part!! Did he end up on the ground at any moment? :paranoid:

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
There is a CAbarete local, Skip, who also caters sushi for 2 to 200 people. He make excellent sushi for $8pp, all you can eat. We had a private party a few weeks ago for 25 hungry kitesurfers who hadn't eaten anything after minimum 2-4 hours of kiting and there were actually a few pieces left on one of the plates.. amazing.. we were all stuffed!.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm glad Dori and his restaurant are doing well. He's a nice guy and deserves the business. I'll guess I'll be testing it out real soon :)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Hlywud said:
You always find the good ones, you can take us there next time down and I'll even let you pay the tab.

? <font size="1"><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="5"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>
No problem. Do I have to pay for the whole entourage <sp?> that travels with you also?

Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
marina said:
There is a CAbarete local, Skip, who also caters sushi for 2 to 200 people. He make excellent sushi for $8pp, all you can eat. We had a private party a few weeks ago for 25 hungry kitesurfers who hadn't eaten anything after minimum 2-4 hours of kiting and there were actually a few pieces left on one of the plates.. amazing.. we were all stuffed!.
I am a restaurant kind of guy but will keep this in mind when I do AZB's Bar Mitzvah party.

Escott

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Escott said:
Gypsy Ranch on the Road to Cabarete from Sosua was fabulous, the horses were GREAT and the ride was GREAT!

Escott

Do they have a website? How much does it cost to go riding? Sounds like a fun activity to do with my family next week!

MCM

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I don't know about the website but I have the info for you when you arrive.

We went yesterday on a half+ plus days excursion via horses but it wasn't nearly as much fun as the Gypsy Horse Ranch.

Went to Restaurant Central with Alberto last night. Told him to bring a lot of money in pesos to pay the tab. We have been telling him that it is the most exclusive restaurant on the N. Coast. Dawnwil and my daughter Kaela had gone along with this. He loved the place and said is going to come back. I said "Sure, you cheap bastard because it is so cheap". Under 1k pesos for apps drinks and main dish. Super place.

Scott

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
A tale of three masochists

KateP said:
Hey! Give me more details on the horsey part!! Did he end up on the ground at any moment? :paranoid:

LOL. No, his saddle was loose, and rather than stop to tighten the cinch he decided to add an extra element of danger to the ride and keep it on by balance alone. Between races and warrior games he took a moment to jerk it back to the middle. Anyone else would have found himself under the horse's belly. It looks to me like he has some kind of weird voodoo at work.

The warrior horse is another tale. Up and down the beach a Dominican dog decided to play his favorite game of 'chase the horsey'. By the end of the ride Escott's horse knew to charge and chase within an inch of that dog's life. The horse seemed to enjoy it. And the dog liked the abuse too. He kept coming back for more.

As I said, a tale of three masochists, two of which had tales.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
MotorCity Mike said:
Do they have a website? How much does it cost to go riding? Sounds like a fun activity to do with my family next week!

MCM

MCM! I'm delighted to know you're heading back so soon with your family.

The riding is very reasonable: $22 per person for the 2 hour ride. I believe $16 (?maybe $14) for the hour ride. Don't believe they have a website; we mentioned writing a message about their ranch, and they appeared confused by the idea.

It's probably best to drop in and see Andre sometime before the time you want to ride. We set it up one morning for a 5 pm ride that day, for which we arrived at 4:30.

Gypsy is across the highway and to the Cabarete side of Coconut Palms.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
dawnwil said:
MCM! I'm delighted to know you're heading back so soon with your family.

I can't wait to get there!! Only 6 days and I'll be in my relaxation mode again.

See you all soon

MCM

PS.......Scott do you have a "Cooler" available to fill full of beer, snacks etc?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
dawnwil said:
LOL. No, his saddle was loose, and rather than stop to tighten the cinch he decided to add an extra element of danger to the ride and keep it on by balance alone. Between races and warrior games he took a moment to jerk it back to the middle. Anyone else would have found himself under the horse's belly. It looks to me like he has some kind of weird voodoo at work.

The warrior horse is another tale. Up and down the beach a Dominican dog decided to play his favorite game of 'chase the horsey'. By the end of the ride Escott's horse knew to charge and chase within an inch of that dog's life. The horse seemed to enjoy it. And the dog liked the abuse too. He kept coming back for more.

As I said, a tale of three masochists, two of which had tales.
And there is more. We took a 6 hour horse ride a few days later. We had *my daughter and I* had Stalions and they were agressive. My daughters horse kicked me twice and my horse once. My horse when going past the stable and Dawn and my daughter pulled in before we were told that we were then going to the beach for another 2 hours and I kept mine out of the coral but he was pissing and moaning and rearing up again and again trying to get into the coral to eat and drink and be lazy. Not once did I get thrown. I am half horse to go along with the other half which is just plain nasty dog. I don't get thrown nor do I land on my ***.

Hows that Kate? LOL Where is doodoo when I need insults now:)