Little Get-Together, AZB And Charlie Are Da Men!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I got back from SD a few hours ago after a 5 days stay.
On my second day, I had a little get-together with some DR1 members and I had the time of my life with people that I thought that I had very little in common with. No sooner I got to SD on the 17th, AZB was calling me on the cell phone telling me that he would make a special trip to the capital from Santiago just to meet me(shi*, the guy can talk a mile a second). I called Jan and Charlie (chuckuindy) to let them know that the little reunion was a go. Before the night was over, AZB had called me 2 more times (I guess that the guy did not wanted me to have fun with my darling) just to remind me, again, that he was coming to the get-together but that he was going to catch a flight to Atlanta the next morning. The meeting place was at The Beer House.

While going into the Beer House's parking, I saw I shiney head going in and althought I had never meet AZB, I told Amber that I was sure that it was the Pakistani Hipolito. As soon as Amber, Frank and I went in, AZB, Charlie and Jan started to wave their hands to signal to us that the were there. We were met with handshakes and hugs as if they have seen a long lost relative. It made us feel very comfortable. I met AZB, Charlie, Charlie's g/f Tonya, Jan (whom I had seen 3 times before) and about half hour later, AZB's g/f. Charlie is a very nice man and he is more than lucky that he has a great girl with him, that dirty dog. AZB is much more than I spected, he is a very funny man, not afraid to tell whomever whatever he feels and the fricking guy curses more than a sailor. The company and the scenary was amazing. We had a great time. Beer here and beer there, although Charlie was drinking a sissy's beverage. There was never a dull moment at the table. Jokes were flying all over the place and we all have pics to prove of or good time, which I will post in a few days. Even at one point, Charlie and I were arguing because we both wanted to pay a beer round. About 1 hour later we were joined by one of AZB's friend, Mark, who seemed like a very nice guy. And then after about 2 hours AZB decided to call Robert who joined us at the table. The fun continued for a little bit more and then at around 12am, AZB had to go and Charlie also had to go since he was driving back to La Romana. We all left at the same time except for Jan and Robert. It was a very nice get-together and it was very, very nice of Charlie and Tonya to drive from La Romana and AZB to drive from Santiago just to spend time with Amber and I. It was truly and amazing night. Whomever says that AZB is an arrogant piece of shi* would have to meet the guy in person (Well you will still say the same thing but this time one will find out that the guy brings alot to the table, hehe). Thanks guys.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am in atanta and not missinf DR. hehehehe

Oh, its so nice to be in the first world with lights and water 24/7. I have been sleeping like a jobless for a few days in a/c. Life is wonderful for now.
It was nice to see miguel (the boob), charlie (my hero) and the rest of the regular gang. Miguel is a bit gringotized version of a dominican. I felt more dominican than him. Then again he was with his wife so he behaved like a gentleman. He is fun to be with and I had no problem making jokes and fun of him as if we were friends for a long time. He is also a very good host, eventough he came more than an hour late (typical dominicans in that sense).
Charlie is more cooler in real life than I had expected. Now I know why he makes so many trips to DR, he has a cute dominican wife (girlfriend). She is very pleasant and well mannered. The defect was, she was quiet, thats because i didn't let her talk. Hehehehh
Charlie is a man with a wealth of knowledge. He is the kind of a guy whom you could spend whole afternoon and evenings and not get bored.
I was a bit tired from my work day and the drive. then the guys made me drink so much, eventhough I had to be at the airport at 5am, they didn't let me get off the hook. Made me drink like a bowery street drunk and got me tipsy. Then my wife was a bit upset because I couldn't really deliver the goods like she is used to from me, earlier. She has put an embargo of beer on me before I perform my civic duty.
Anyway, all went well and I didn't sleep at all the whole night and ended up at the airport like a zombie. Slept in the plane like a 'muerto" and the next thing i knew, I was served a lovely, delicious breakfest (only in Delta airlines). Slept again and ended up in NYC. I spend the whole day in NYC and spent the night in long island. I was all dead the whole day from drinking the night before and lack of sleep that same night.
All in all, it was worth getting to know some new people and had a wonderful time with the regular DR1 gang as well (amber, Rob, jan etc).
My last impression of Miguel could be summed up in a single phrase: " he is soo cool that I will call him culo from now on".
Hehehehh. Just a joke. He is my man from now on.
Have a wonderful time in Dr folks.
AZB

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
It was a blast

Miguel is right; fun was had by all Friday night at the Beer House. This was my first time to really interface one on one with any of the DR1?ers in person. What a diverse group of personalities, all highly opinionated and intelligent on issues ranging from, how to solve all of the problems the Dominican Republic, to matters of love and lust, business opportunities, international travel, and many other diverse subjects. Each attendee shared their DR experiences and we all left the Beer House with a better understanding of why we all feel so passionate about this country.

As I said, what a diverse group. AZB is a total surprise; this guy has a better grip on the Dominican culture than any other non Dominican that I have ever met. Don?t let him fool you, he is one smart cookie. The things he writes in this forum are not only what he believes in, in most cases they are on the money. He also has a soft under belly, not because it laps over his belt, but because of the way he treated his lovely, and I mean lovely, novia and the other women at the table. AZB is a delight to be around and I sincerely hope that our friendship continues to develop over the years.

Miguel, what a prolific writer he is. I found him to be a really great guy, and now I understand why. He has this incredible woman in SD who keeps him inline. I think she may be the smarter of the two and with out a doubt she is the better looking one. As I have said before this guy is a real romantic. Lady?s, he is a real woman?s man. He will carry your purse at the mall. The way I see it is he is totally Pu*** whipped.

As for me drinking sissy drinks, I believe that Mikes Hard Lemonade has as much alcohol by volume as El Presidente. And yes he did out fumble me for the largest part of the bill.

Jan, what a study in humanity, smart, attractive and truly living the typical Dominican lifestyle she will steal your heart away. Nothing phony here, what you see is what you get with Jan. Truly from Mars, (Mars, PA, that is) she charmed all of us with her smile and effervescent personality. My novia, Tonya instantly fell in lover with her. No trip to SD would be complete for any DR1?er unless you hook up with Jan during your visit.

The computer geek, Robert, what can you says? In spite if being British, an egghead, and not the best looking man in the DR, he was a real joy to talk with. He looks young to me, but I know for a fact that he has been around the block a few times. How many people reading this could tell you who Clive Sinclair is? Well he can. Thanks for the chat Robert, let?s please do it again.

All of the other who joined us also seemed to have a great time. This guy Frank Sexton, I believe that?s his name, AZB?s friend, was a blast. I wish he would participate in more DR1 activities.

Again, thanks to all, Tonya and I had a wonderful time.

Charlie

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My friend's name is Marc Schechter. He is a chiropractor in Capital. we are friends from atlanta and moved to this island together to serve the people here.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What????

AZB said:
It was nice to see miguel (the boob), charlie (my hero) and the rest of the regular gang. Miguel is a bit gringotized version of a dominican. I felt more dominican than him. Then again he was with his wife so he behaved like a gentleman. He is fun to be with and I had no problem making jokes and fun of him as if we were friends for a long time. He is also a very good host, eventough he came more than an hour late (typical dominicans in that sense).

My last impression of Miguel could be summed up in a single phrase: " he is soo cool that I will call him culo from now on".
Hehehehh. Just a joke. He is my man from now on.
Have a wonderful time in Dr folks.
AZB
Another moron calling me boob, THAT'S Larry's name!!. Yes, I am very gringonized only becuase I HAVE LIVED IN THE US FOR 30 OF MY 41 YEARS, DUH!. Of course that I had to behave since Amber was there, even thought you tried so many times to make me look at the pretty girls that were at the place. No man, I am like that always. I have to respect my darling always. I AM A VERY GOOD HOST and it did pissed me off that you guys did not let me pay for all the drinks and the picadillos!. Next time I will make all of you leave yur wallets at the house, jack axes. I was late but then again, I saw you bold head going into the place while we were looking for parking so that makes you being late too. I knew that I was going to be late and since I called Charlie and he was already there by 7pm, I called Jan so she could keep them company while we got there. It was a great experience and I know for a fact that we will do it again soon. Amber was also very happy and she told me to tell you guys, thanks.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh so true, brother!!

chuckuindy said:
Miguel is right; fun was had by all Friday night at the Beer House.

Miguel, what a prolific writer he is. I found him to be a really great guy, and now I understand why. He has this incredible woman in SD who keeps him inline. I think she may be the smarter of the two and with out a doubt she is the better looking one. As I have said before this guy is a real romantic. Lady?s, he is a real woman?s man. He will carry your purse at the mall. The way I see it is he is totally Pu*** whipped.

Jan, what a study in humanity, smart, attractive and truly living the typical Dominican lifestyle she will steal your heart away. Nothing phony here, what you see is what you get with Jan. Truly from Mars, (Mars, PA, that is) she charmed all of us with her smile and effervescent personality. My novia, Tonya instantly fell in lover with her. No trip to SD would be complete for any DR1?er unless you hook up with Jan during your visit.
Yes, she is a very smart cookie. It would not be me if I did not go after a person that is so smart and beautiful. I have no problems carrying the bags and her pulse every time we go out ( and I have the pics to prove it). I am totally pu*** whipped and I LOVE IT!!. Jan is a truly real person. She is the fun of the party and she knows that I call her when I am in SD because I know for a fact that she would make us have a great time. She is a delight to be around.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
AZB said:
My friend's name is Marc Schechter. He is a chiropractor in Capital. we are friends from atlanta and moved to this island together to serve the people here.
Where in the world did I come up with Frank Sexton?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I'm blushing

Thanks Miguel for having the get together. You know how much I look forward to seeing you when you come to MY island. And Amber...so glad you 2 found eachother.

I enjoyed meeting the new humans too, Chuck and his great woman. I tried translating for her but my spanish is still bad.

AZB...you know I love you and I didn't get a chance to talk to his "wife" much but she seemed really nice.

It was also good seeing Mark, even tho I was afraid to goback to his office for a crackin'. Now I feel better about that.

And of course our Rob. Funny..don't see him for months and then 2 times in the same week.

Amber...PM me....

I had a great time. Thankyou all. Even tho I don't see you much I still feel like we are good freinds/family. Bless you all for that.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Janie!

Jan said:
Thanks Miguel for having the get together. You know how much I look forward to seeing you when you come to MY island. And Amber...so glad you 2 found eachother.

QUOTE]Janie, you know for a fact that I would never go to the DR again and not see you. You are a delight to be around. Now that I think about it, I am truly sorry that you did not bring your b/f to The Beer House. Next time for sure. Thanks for being there and I hope that you really did had a great time. That's all that matters. Laterz.