Travel Between Punta Cana & Santo Domingo

Yini

Apr 16, 2004
Could anyone tell me about transport (air or land) between Punta Cana and Santo Domingo? I got a great fare to Punta Cana, but need to take stuff to Santo Domingo (after a few days rest). Local Air? I contacted Air Santo Domingo - no flights, I'm told. Private taxi?? Car Rental?? General costs of each?? Recommendations? Bus: Caribe or Metro??? Thanks a million! YINI

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Search

There are a plethora of threads on this - search on Higuey or Bavaro (you cannot use the term bus unfortunately) and Santo Domingo and you will have a number of helpful posts. There is no Caribe or Metro but there are buses. Taxi would be a lot, over US$125 I'd guess.

Searching first is a good tip generally, BTW.

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
buses to and fro

There is an express bus everyday from Bavaro to Santo Domingo...leaves at 7 am.....another at 4 pm......have no idea the cost, but it is inexpensive.

Yini

Apr 16, 2004
Santo Domingo to Bavaro Bus

backinthedr said:
There is an express bus everyday from Bavaro to Santo Domingo...leaves at 7 am.....another at 4 pm......have no idea the cost, but it is inexpensive.
FYI - I got info from following the search suggestions on this site and found a bus company that is EXPRESS to/fro Sto.Dgo./Bavaro for RD$210 each way, 4 hours, with food/restroom stop

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Pc To Sdq

There is a Bus that leave at 7am or at 4pm everyday, but you have to take a taxi to Frusica (bus stop) and from there get on the bus... i suggest taking the 7am bus because you will get there at around 10am, unless you wanna take the later bus... This is the express bavaro, and its the one that I always suggest. It cost RD$200 (about $4US)..approx. 3 hours and there "washroom/break" stop half way in.

There is also another bus you can take but it stops in Higuey and takes a hour longer !