Go-Karting Between Airport & Playa Dorada

Listerrose

May 31, 2004
Did I dream it or did we pass a go-karting facility on the trip from POP airport to playa Dorada. If such a place exists can anyone give me some information about it?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
You are right!

Listerrose said:
Did I dream it or did we pass a go-karting facility on the trip from POP airport to playa Dorada. If such a place exists can anyone give me some information about it?

It's called Fun City and it's 5 minutes outside of the Playa Dorada Complex. Best bet is to walk out to the main road from Playa Dorada and take a guagua back towards the direction of the airport for about 10 pesos!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Listerrose said:
Thanks, is there more to do there than go-karting?

Personally I have never been - just driven by many times so I can't offer you any more info but I am sure there are other people here that can?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Listerrose said:
Thanks, is there more to do there than go-karting?

The last time I went there (quite sometime ago, with a young cousin of mine) all you could do was go-karting. But, it's lots of fun and they let you ride for long periods of time.

Also, near Sosua there is a water park (with slides, tubes, pools, etc) called Columbus Aquapark, which would be nice for kids (and adults) to cool off.

Also, in Cofresi (on the other side of Puerto Plata) there is a new interactive park called Ocean World (there is a thread devoted to it here on DR1) and you can see performances from sea lions and dolphins and you can swim with dolphins, sharks (yes, sharks), and stingrays etc. Very nice brand new place!

Listerrose

May 31, 2004
Thanks, I've seen the threads for ocean world and will definitly be making a visit there during our (myself 26 and girlfriend 24) vacation from the UK in Sept. it looks great in fact. I'm not usually one for interacting with animals but feeding sharks sounds like an oppourtunity not to be missed. Thanks again for the info.