Wedding in Boca Chica

Queya2

Jun 28, 2004
Hello,

I'm planning my wedding in Boca Chica. Does anyone have any advice? What do you think of the Hamaca Coral Resort?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
2 Answers.

Queya2 said:
Hello,

I'm planning my wedding in Boca Chica. Does anyone have any advice? What do you think of the Hamaca Coral Resort?

1. Don't. :)
2. The Hamaca is the best AI in Boca Chica, owned or managed now by Hilton and behind a private wall.

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
I've seen two weddings at the Hamaca, and they do a nice job. If you want the ceremony to be right on the beach, they'll block part of it off for you.

Queya2

Jun 28, 2004
Thanks

Is the Hamaca family friendly? Is it mostly Europeans?
Thanks for the help!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
the hamacca looks family friendly from the outside. The beach is private there so you wouldnt be bothered with the beach vendors and hustlers.

It is also close to the main strip so if any of your guests care to be more adventurous they could check things out.

There are also a few really nice smaller non AI places that your guest could stay at if they are on a budget and join you at the hamacca for the event.

El Candil is where i usualy stay....great owners...nice space...and very secure.

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
Queya2 said:
Is the Hamaca family friendly? Is it mostly Europeans?
Thanks for the help!

I'd say about 95% of the staff is friendly and helpful. The majority of the hotel guests are American and Canadian. You'll see more Europeans if you leave the hotel property and visit the local shops and restaurants.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
hamaca coral

I went to Hamaca Coral in April of this year, it was the first time there. I loved it, it's a very HUGE resort. I prefer the Coral Marien in Puerto Plata, b/c it's smaller. But the Hamaca was very nice, and the staff was very nice as well. However I found that most of the guests were European, and the food at the resort was European catered. I'm sure which ever All Inclusive Resort you pick, they will thro a wonderful wedding. Congratulations on your up coming wedding!

Queya2

Jun 28, 2004
Wow!

Thanks for all the advice guys... I'm going to DR this August to check out some resorts...Many of my friends recommend La Hamaca. I'm also going to Punta Cana, but the hotel I like, Paradisus, it's not the most affordable one. Do you know of any good resorts in Punta Cana that are also affordable?

Thanks again for all the help! :knockedou

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Boca Chica is overrated and too expensive. If you want to do it in BC, then the Hamaca is you best bet. However, if you go further down the road (about another 30 mins drive) you can go to Juan Dolio. The beach is not as nice as BC, but it is less crowded, cheaper and not as many European women with their bubbies out and about.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Queya2 said:
Thanks for all the advice guys... I'm going to DR this August to check out some resorts...Many of my friends recommend La Hamaca. I'm also going to Punta Cana, but the hotel I like, Paradisus, it's not the most affordable one. Do you know of any good resorts in Punta Cana that are also affordable?

Thanks again for all the help! :knockedou

Bavaro Beach is near Punta Cana and cheaper.