Dominican Wine

bomoma

Apr 25, 2002
I am looking for more information about a producer of new Dominican quality wines. I don't mean the Sangria types you can already buy. I read an article about it once and I'm wondering if anybody on the board here mayby knows something about this.

Any info appreciated!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Understand a French company is involved with the wine growers in Neiba, in the Southwest. You could try checking for who to contact with the people at the Junta Agroempresarial Dominicana, the leading private agribusiness council. Phone book listed numbers for them are 809 563-6178 or 809 547-3630.

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Wine

Dolores said:
Understand a French company is involved with the wine growers in Neiba, in the Southwest. You could try checking for who to contact with the people at the Junta Agroempresarial Dominicana, the leading private agribusiness council. Phone book listed numbers for them are 809 563-6178 or 809 547-3630.

In actual fact, it is an Italian Company that will be selling Dominican Republic wine very soon and the vineyards are somewhere near the border with Haiti.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Wine

Wales said:
In actual fact, it is an Italian Company that will be selling Dominican Republic wine very soon and the vineyards are somewhere near the border with Haiti.

Here's a link to a paragraph of information (see item 7 on the list).

Ben

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
According to the article I read, the grapes were imported from Italy but said NOTHING about a foreign company and it almost looked as the Dominican Government is the one that is setting it up to later sell it.

Scott

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Wine

Escott said:
According to the article I read, the grapes were imported from Italy but said NOTHING about a foreign company and it almost looked as the Dominican Government is the one that is setting it up to later sell it.

Scott

I think you are right. The vines came from Italy and I was told the Italians came and set it up but it is a Dominican Government project. I read somewhere that they are about to release the first vintage. Do you know exactly where the vineyard is?