Sankie 101

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Ok guys, since i see so many girls worried about these individuals, "sankies", i'm seriously thinking and suggesting others as well about embarking on the freelance career of "sankie" for times of emergency, even if it means ditching your normal job or profession or embrace it to just to act like one of them. So consider this as my intention to expand in long term the universe of Sankie information on the internet as well as to in someway expand and redefine a well suited guide for sankie knowledge for everyone to enjoy and use. Now my primary intention is to gather all the helpful comments, articles, and advices so we can all learn a little bit more from the conduct, behaviour, life and philosophy of these individuals. Please feel free to express yourself about any matter regarding sankies subjects. I'm not turning scientific on the subject (as yet) but will try to do a list of general or specific ideas of what might be considered when opening up discussions and debates in the Sankie 101 thread on as long as it stick with the "sankie issue" so please bear with me:

1- Sankie. Definition.
2- General Characteristics.
3- Profile: social, economic, ethnic background.
4- Differences between dominican sankies and other sankies, (say from another caribbean country, etc)
5- Education.
6- Behaviour and conduct.
7- Types of sankies (genres, classifications, differences, etc)
8- The pros and cons of being a sankie.
9- Sankies: Masters of seduction.
10- Sankies idioms and language skills.
11- Sankification. Victims.
12- Sankified's diary.
13- Sankiehood.
14- Discrimination of Sankies.
15- How to recognize a sankie.
16- Sankie's social and economic barriers.

2time

Jul 2, 2004
Oche said:
Ok guys, since i see so many girls worried about these individuals, "sankies", i'm seriously thinking and suggesting others as well about embarking on the freelance career of "sankie" for times of emergency, even if it means ditching your normal job or profession or embrace it to just to act like one of them. So consider this as my intention to expand in long term the universe of Sankie information on the internet as well as to in someway expand and redefine a well suited guide for sankie knowledge for everyone to enjoy and use. Now my primary intention is to gather all the helpful comments, articles, and advices so we can all learn a little bit more from the conduct, behaviour, life and philosophy of these individuals. Please feel free to express yourself about any matter regarding sankies subjects. I'm not turning scientific on the subject (as yet) but will try to do a list of general or specific ideas of what might be considered when opening up discussions and debates in the Sankie 101 thread on as long as it stick with the "sankie issue" so please bear with me:

1- Sankie. Definition.
2- General Characteristics.
3- Profile: social, economic, ethnic background.
4- Differences between dominican sankies and other sankies, (say from another caribbean country, etc)
5- Education.
6- Behaviour and conduct.
7- Types of sankies (genres, classifications, differences, etc)
8- The pros and cons of being a sankie.
9- Sankies: Masters of seduction.
10- Sankies idioms and language skills.
11- Sankification. Victims.
12- Sankified's diary.
13- Sankiehood.
14- Discrimination of Sankies.
15- How to recognize a sankie.
16- Sankie's social and economic barriers.

at the risk of soundinf dumb...WHAT IS A SANKIE plain and simple...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oche you're looking way too deep. All you need to be a sankie is to be a very charming and sincere LIAR. Say anything you know a women wants to hear. Don't ask for money right away :rolleyes: seems these women know too much latey and say you've never met anyone like her. She is special blah blah and you want to be at her side for life. Blah blah. Doesn't take a lot of brains or education. If one woman rolls her eyes move on to the next till you find one that hangs on to every word you say. Bingo! LOL

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Oche, I think you have too much time on your hands. Time to pick up a new hobby or something.
Larry

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Excuse me

Anna Coniglio said:
Oche you're looking way too deep. All you need to be a sankie is to be a very charming and sincere LIAR. Say anything you know a women wants to hear. Don't ask for money right away :rolleyes: seems these women know too much latey and say you've never met anyone like her. She is special blah blah and you want to be at her side for life. Blah blah. Doesn't take a lot of brains or education. If one woman rolls her eyes move on to the next till you find one that hangs on to every word you say. Bingo! LOL

Did you learn all of this from experience?

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Please Larry, don't start picking fights, if you don't find it interesting don't cross the line bud...instead you are just encouraging me to dig into the subject, i'll send you a copy when it's done in long term.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Come on Chucky I'm a beautiful woman and get hit on all the time. lol :rolleyes:

But seriously if you have any sales experience at all you can see and hear them for what they are and the harder they try the more turned off I get. lol

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Oche said:
Please Larry, don't start picking fights, if you don't find it interesting don't cross the line bud...instead you are just encouraging me to dig into the subject, i'll send you a copy when it's done in long term.

OK then dig away and have fun...I guess.

Larry

Brooke

May 25, 2004
So are there any educated Sankie's out there, and what is the average
age of a "Sankie". ???

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Yes, there are some educated sankies, but there are smart enough to not look and act like the average sankie. The educated sankies are not recognized at first glance by the unexperienced eye, they have much more class than the average AI hotel beach sankie, and will hunt for fun & pleasure only and not necessarily for money. They mostly belong to the dominican middle class.

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Oche said:
Yes, there are some educated sankies, but there are smart enough to not look and act like the average sankie. The educated sankies are not recognized at first glance by the unexperienced eye, they have much more class than the average AI hotel beach sankie, and will hunt for fun & pleasure only and not necessarily for money. They mostly belong to the dominican middle class.

Well, I think I have met one, and he has asked me for money!
What is considered Domincan middle class? What is the age of a
typical Sankie, the one I met is 32. It seems to me a Sankie would
be younger, and what do they do when they get older??

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
By dominican standards, an actual dominican middle class person would be someone who has a monthly earning over (rough estimate) or around 300-400 dollars, someone who does not lives in a slum, someone who probably owns some sort of vehicle (not a motorcycle), and has at least a high school/technical education degree.

Sankie's average age?. Hard to say. I would say that the average age of a sankie is between 20-30. AI resorts sankies are normally in their twenties. Most veteran sankies (not all veteran sankies) (30+) have either already settled down (already economically setup by 2 or more sponsors) and if they're roaming for prey, they are more likely doing it for fun/pleasure. I have not seen any age limit for the sankie. I believe that age and experience helps them polish themselves as individuals. As they get older, some will adapt to age circumstances and hunt an older prey, others will just abandon the sankie life because the new younger flock of sankies just gives too much competition.

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Oche said:
By dominican standards, an actual dominican middle class person would be someone who has a monthly earning over (rough estimate) or around 300-400 dollars, someone who does not lives in a slum, someone who probably owns some sort of vehicle (not a motorcycle), and has at least a high school/technical education degree.

Sankie's average age?. Hard to say. I would say that the average age of a sankie is between 20-30. AI resorts sankies are normally in their twenties. Most veteran sankies (not all veteran sankies) (30+) have either already settled down (already economically setup by 2 or more sponsors) and if they're roaming for prey, they are more likely doing it for fun/pleasure. I have not seen any age limit for the sankie. I believe that age and experience helps them polish themselves as individuals. As they get older, some will adapt to age circumstances and hunt an older prey, others will just abandon the sankie life because the new younger flock of sankies just gives too much competition.

"economically setup by sponsors, what is a sponsor? Thanks for the info,
I had no idea what kind of money people make there, or what is considered
middle class.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Brooke,

Brooke said:
"economically setup by sponsors, what is a sponsor? Thanks for the info,
I had no idea what kind of money people make there, or what is considered
middle class.

A "sponsor" would be you - if you send the requested money.

A simple test is; "would this request seem wrong if it came from some guy you had just met in your home country". If the answer is "yes" then it is still wrong if he is from another country.

Find and read "Hillbilly's Rules". I think they are a "sticky" at the top of the "Sankie 101" section.

Gregg

Brooke

May 25, 2004
FireGuy said:
A "sponsor" would be you - if you send the requested money.

A simple test is; "would this request seem wrong if it came from some guy you had just met in your home country". If the answer is "yes" then it is still wrong if he is from another country.

Find and read "Hillbilly's Rules". I think they are a "sticky" at the top of the "Sankie 101" section.

Gregg
Dominican men should be actors!! They walk around pretending to be
someone they are not!!! How can they do this all the time, tell woman
so many lies, would they even know if they really cared for someone.
Do they walk around their whole life being con artists???

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Put yourself in their place

If I was a good looking young stud, without any money, on a tropical island full of naive tourist with money, who are only around for about a week...man, I'd be playing the game too. The perks are great. Free food and drinks, sex with with sunburned women, etc. Hummmm?? Sounds like a good life. I wonder if an old balding man with a beer gut could make it as a sankie? :)

Brooke

May 25, 2004
AtlantaBob said:
If I was a good looking young stud, without any money, on a tropical island full of naive tourist with money, who are only around for about a week...man, I'd be playing the game too. The perks are great. Free food and drinks, sex with with sunburned women, etc. Hummmm?? Sounds like a good life. I wonder if an old balding man with a beer gut could make it as a sankie? :)

Put myself in their place, please!!
What kind of life is that, very deceitful!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Brooke first of all the scam artists are all over the world not exclusive to the DR. Listen to what is being said and if it's about money and things that you have to provide most of the time then it ain't real.

Here's some threads for you to read.

Sankies for dummies

HB's three golden rules

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Brooke first of all the scam artists are all over the world not exclusive to the DR. Listen to what is being said and if it's about money and things that you have to provide most of the time then it ain't real.

Here's some threads for you to read.

Sankies for dummies

HB's three golden rules

I've read those threads. I know there are scam artists everywhere, it
just seems so prevelent in the DR. It's so obvious, they are all so friendly
like they've known you your whole life, and all they want is your money,
or sex!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Brooke please don't get sankies and the friendly people of the DR confused. The Dominican people are very friendly people. The resort workers have a job to do when they are overly friendly to you but please don't assume that everyone wants money from you. Know the difference!