Good Clubs In Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starz_in_my_eye

Nov 29, 2003
My friends and I will be returning to Iberostar Costa Dorado for the 5th time in November. This time we are interested in spending more evening/nights away from the resort. Does any one know some good clubs not too far from the Iberostar compound? Also what other activities can we enjoy at night? (We like having a good time)

Also if there are any suggestion for the day, we have done all the usual excursions. Just in case we have missed anything it is always good to ask
:knockedou

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
clubs

Hi Starz...

I go to the Coral right next door to you. Now at the Coral we have our own disco on the resort, so I go there for the free drinks ...but I also go into the Playa Dorarda Complex, and go to Hemmingways and Crazy Moon. These are "tourist" discos, and there are locals who go there (mostly the hotel workers). It's about a $4 US cab ride from the Ibersostar and Coral.

I'm not sure if you know any locals or if you are just going with your friends etc, but I go out with my boyfriend who takes me to local discos, and we have a blast. We will go over to Cabarete and Sosua, as well we go to the gas station (yes the gas station) where people hang out. Also down at the Boulevard to hang out. I'm not sure if I would venture out on my own, if I didn't have my boyfriend with me.

If you don't know any of the locals, I'm sure you can meet up with some of the hotel workers, who would be more then willing to take you out...but you may have to pay for drinks and taxi....but it's worth the experience. It's a blast.

Have a great trip...again! :bunny:

David Dempsey

Jul 3, 2004
clubs in puerto plata

two recommendations:

1. Cafe Cito, which is right across the highway from the Costa Dorada entrance to the resort complexes, I believe very close to the Iberostar.

2. La Barrica, which is a really cool, great Dominican club. It's right on the same coastal highway as the resorts, on the other side of Puerto Plata. Just take a taxi back and forth, it takes five minutes to get there.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Some people like it, some people don't - Crazy Moon in Playa Dorada

Out of your main gates and turn left (5 mins), Friday, Saturday night after midnight, try Hemmingways in the Plaza first and then move on to CM - in Paradise Hotel $100 RD to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.