Latest on Hamaca Day Passes

2time

Jul 2, 2004
Looking to see if anyone can provide any updated info on this topic....
Cost , what you can and cannot do, can you get one under the table from staff,

I am going with friends later on and most have booked there due to a deal they got....a couple of us missed that deal so won't be there yet we want to all hang together.....

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe

2time said:

I am going with friends later on and most have booked there due to a deal they got....a couple of us missed that deal so won't be there yet we want to all hang together.....

I asked there once for just dinner (it was rumoured you could get a dinner pass for US$15) and they said no way, doesn't exist - then another trip, me and my friend who lives there asked about day passes and they were quite cool to the idea, I think due to being quite full - in any case they said it was in the US$50 range which is preposterous and grossly more than that boring place is worth - you'd never get $50 of food and drinks in you if you drank non-stop. And your friends are in for a rude awakening if they fancy girlies as there is NO way they (girls, who are not registered guests at the additional cost of about US$60) will be allowed within 100 yards of the doorway, let alone inside.

The guards will not take under the table cash to look the other way and if they did you still need wristbands inside the joint, so some other guard, and there are plenty, would boot the offenders the hell out ASAP.

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
2time said:

As of last month, the cost of a day pass is approx. $30 US. This entitles you to full use of the premises, including unlimited food and drinks until, I think, 6:00 PM. They'll tell you that you're not allowed in your friend's room, but that rule is easy enough to break. You'll have to wear a colored wristband which identifies you as a guest for the day only.

I never tried to get a day pass under the table.

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
ricktoronto said:
And your friends are in for a rude awakening if they fancy girlies as there is NO way they (girls, who are not registered guests at the additional cost of about US$60) will be allowed within 100 yards of the doorway, let alone inside.

You're absolutely right in that regard. If he just wants to "hang" with his friends, though, he shouldn't have a problem getting in.

2time

Jul 2, 2004
jmaz98 said:
You're absolutely right in that regard. If he just wants to "hang" with his friends, though, he shouldn't have a problem getting in.

even without the day pass?

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
2time said:
even without the day pass?

You'll definitely need to buy a day pass. Frankly, I think you and your friends will have a better time outside the Hamaca, even though they've already paid for their drinks and meals.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You're right

jmaz98 said:
You'll definitely need to buy a day pass. Frankly, I think you and your friends will have a better time outside the Hamaca, even though they've already paid for their drinks and meals.

I have done it both ways with friends of mine and leaving the hotel is more fun unless you just want to lay on the beach all day. The cut-off time is 6PM and the guard will ask the guest to leave. One time I ask the guard if my guest could change in my room- and he allowed it. (yeah, I know she could have stayed--but this is 6PM who wants to spend THAT much time in the room)

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
try this for a day

A few years ago me and a Dominican friend decided to go there for the day. We decided to go and listen to the time share deal first. Told the guy I'd have to think about it. We were in the door then. We just walked down to the beach and sat in a chair. Grabbed a towel, put it over our wrist and went to the bar and got free drinks. After a few we were more brave and didn't even use the towel. Had a great day, drinking, swimming, and it didn't cost a cent!

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
Jan said:
A few years ago me and a Dominican friend decided to go there for the day. We decided to go and listen to the time share deal first. Told the guy I'd have to think about it. We were in the door then. We just walked down to the beach and sat in a chair. Grabbed a towel, put it over our wrist and went to the bar and got free drinks. After a few we were more brave and didn't even use the towel. Had a great day, drinking, swimming, and it didn't cost a cent!

I've sat through that time share sales pitch...I'd rather buy the day pass. :laugh:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Here is the # for the Hamaca Hotel 809-523-4611

I've always gotten better rates by asking in pesos. Last time I checked it was about $950 M-F and $1050 Sat and Sun per adult (When I was there in December 03). The year before (Dec 02) it was almost the same rate in pesos, so I dont think that it has gone up significantly from the last time I checked.

I've also gotten packages from a local Dominican travel agency paying in pesos and made out pretty good. if you need a # let me know, although my girl in San Cristobal, she can probably refer you to a local one near you.

Enjoy!