What to do in puerto plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauce

Jul 5, 2004
What's up guys and girlies,

As stated in a prev thread me and my g/f are visiting on July 26 for a week. We are not looking for hookers or anything like that. The only debauchery will be between the two of us. Anyways we are looking for fun stuff to do that is a must do for DR. We are not at all scared to go off the resort as i'm not a small guy by any means. We really want to see what there is to offer and meet some cool people along the way.

We hear you can take a trolly to some garden on top of a mountain? That sounds cool. Any sort of day trips things we shouldn't miss etc would be great. Were not really interested in the Sea world thingy, more local kinda stuff would be good. Also i read there is a big open market close to our resort as well.

If anyone will be there at that time and wants to hook up for some drinks thats cool to. Were two easy to get along with friendly 20 somethings from Toronto.

Thanks

sauce

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HI hot sauce!

Here is what you do:
1) Click on that little sign that says "Search" and type in "damajagua falls' and read it.
2) then you type in Sliverghost and then Grayghost and read what he did on his vacation.
Probably the two best posts on what to do.

then you write Ken on what to see in Sosua and Bush Baby on what to see in POP.

Do some work young man!

HB

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The 'trolly' is a cable car that goes up about 3000ft to the top of the mountain. The Botanical gardens are nice, make sure you take a sweater as it can get cold up there.

Make sure you go in the morning as its always cloudy in the afternoon and you won't be able to enjoy the great view.

Sosua and Cabarete also make nice day trips from Puerto Plata.

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Cable Car

Make sure you call before you go also. Recently two girls from Australia decided to go. The cable car was closed when they got there. They were told the car is closed one day a week. "Is it always on Tuesday"? they asked. The reply... Whichever day we decide.

You may not get the view on a cloudy day, but it's still nice and a welcome relief from the heat down below. Ask Marco from "Rocky's" about the mountain road. It's a doozy.

sauce

Jul 5, 2004
Cool this all sounds good. Man i can't wait to get out there.
thanks
sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.