Air prices and other needed information

bwemily

Jun 17, 2004
I am sure this question has been asked many times, but seeing as prices are always changing and fuel has effected the price of some flights, I would like to pose the question,

Who has the best prices from either Chicago or Detroit to DR, are you getting direct flights, what is the average cost of a ticket, and lastly are there any sources to buy last minute tickets or seats on charter flights to the DR from either Chicago or Detroit.

Ok, just one more question, is September busy with tourist? Is the high season the same as other places in the Caribbean, Dec 15-April 15th?

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
bwemily

bwemily said:
I am sure this question has been asked many times, but seeing as prices are always changing and fuel has effected the price of some flights, I would like to pose the question,

Who has the best prices from either Chicago or Detroit to DR, are you getting direct flights, what is the average cost of a ticket, and lastly are there any sources to buy last minute tickets or seats on charter flights to the DR from either Chicago or Detroit.

Ok, just one more question, is September busy with tourist? Is the high season the same as other places in the Caribbean, Dec 15-April 15th?

I fly from Chicago and am always looking for cheap tickets. So far I haven't been able to find any deals that go "direct" to the DR. Most flights range from $600 to $700. That is why we usually opt for an AI "package" and get the room, food and drinks included with the airfare, then we go out on our own and enjoy the area we are staying in as if we were not in an all-inclusive resort. We use the resort as sort of a "home base" between seeing other things.

Apple vacations sometimes will have last minute unfilled charters and will offer air only for about $199. But it is usually to Punta Cana, where i don't want to go.

You are correct about the high season dates.

I will be traveling to the DR in November. If I find any deals I will PM you with details. Maybe you could do the same for me if you find anything.

Thanks.

Bob H.

bwemily

Jun 17, 2004
appleman said:
Apple vacations sometimes will have last minute unfilled charters and will offer air only for about $199. But it is usually to Punta Cana, where i don't want to go.

I will be traveling to the DR in November. If I find any deals I will PM you with details. Maybe you could do the same for me if you find anything.

Thanks.

Bob H.
Bob, I did find some information on AppleVacations and www.vacationhotline.net has some flights that where all in the next couple of months so I am going to keep my eyes open on both.

How long is the drive from Punta Cana to the North Coast, the Hilton Marien? Can you get a cab? How much would that cost?

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
bwemily said:
How long is the drive from Punta Cana to the North Coast, the Hilton Marien? Can you get a cab? How much would that cost?

I see you posted these questions in another post. I will let others answer there, but my advice is to take a bus (very inexpensive) if you fly into Punta Cana. By any means, the trip is rather long. and you will use up a whole day traveling and getting settled on the North coast. (And don't forget you have to get back there to leave). Yes you can get a cab, but the bus is the better option. There have been earlier posts regarding this that you can search.

Bob